About to buy an SSD ... how quiet are they?

I'm about to buy a Corsair Force GT 240 and wondered how quiet they are? Since there's no moving parts, I assume pretty damn quiet. But are there fans inside or anything? I dunno much about them at all you can see :)

My Macbook Pro is damn quiet but the hard drive makes a little noise when being accessed. I assume it'll be dead quiet when it's got the Force GT in it?

As others have said, SSDs make 0 noise, maybe if you had some super powerful electron microphone or something you could hear the electrical noise but nothing the normal human ear can hear :D

they're about as loud as a jump drive. or, comparatively, the sound of a piece of lint rubbing against a cotton ball.

If you have a Flash Drive try to see if you can pick up on any noise coming from it and then if you find out that its completely silent, then you'll find out that a SSD is the same as a Flash Drive.

I'm about to buy a Corsair Force GT 240 and wondered how quiet they are? Since there's no moving parts, I assume pretty damn quiet. But are there fans inside or anything? I dunno much about them at all you can see :)

My Macbook Pro is damn quiet but the hard drive makes a little noise when being accessed. I assume it'll be dead quiet when it's got the Force GT in it?

Three words - no moving parts. (At all.)

Don't believe any of those who have already posted. . .the four built fans are overly noisey. They will drive you crazy. . "Oh Wait," they don't have fans. . .my bad. :)

Don't believe any of those who have already posted. . .the four built fans are overly noisey. They will drive you crazy. . "Oh Wait," they don't have fans. . .my bad. :)

:laugh:

haha ... thanks guys. I assumed as much, but when you've never really had experience with it.

Damn, I can't wait to re-install Lion onto the new SSD when it arrives!

What a waste of good hardware..