sim city 5 ea maxis can it be true?

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#16 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 00:18

a lot of those images I saw 3 years ago when SC5 talk started... why are they showing back up now as new?

I want a SimCity 5 that was like all the other sim cities just more advanced, not some social interactive game like the sims...

#17 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,365 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 01 March 2012 - 00:24

The cities were modern, but they weren't exclusively of one era in SC4. Like real cities the buildings were a mix of varying eras. I think it is a given that SC5 would follow the same trend of representing the architecture of real cities (therefore including more 21st Century buildings as you said) but that is why I was confused by the comment - it was never really era specific, just "current". And SC4 wasn't released 20 years ago, although it may feel like it!

I never said it was. I just said that all SimCity 2000, 3000 and 4 buildings had a 20th century look-'n'-feel to them. It's not like your cities would actually go beyond that giving them a more futuresque appearance. It could very well be that SimCity "5" will also incorporate 2020-2030 architecture and vehicles making everything appear 20 years more advanced than previous SimCity games.

I didn't play SimCity 4 a lot but everything in SimCity 3000 looked the same regardless of the year you were playing in. Vehicles and special buildings in 1900 looked exactly the same as they did in 2050.

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,365 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 01 March 2012 - 00:33

a lot of those images I saw 3 years ago when SC5 talk started... why are they showing back up now as new?

Really? That makes me sad… :(

I'm off crying myself to sleep now… :cry:

:broken:

#19 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

• 3,013 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:14

I never said it was. I just said that all SimCity 2000, 3000 and 4 buildings had a 20th century look-'n'-feel to them. It's not like your cities would actually go beyond that giving them a more futuresque appearance. It could very well be that SimCity "5" will also incorporate 2020-2030 architecture and vehicles making everything appear 20 years more advanced than previous SimCity games.

I didn't play SimCity 4 a lot but everything in SimCity 3000 looked the same regardless of the year you were playing in. Vehicles and special buildings in 1900 looked exactly the same as they did in 2050.

I know you didn't say it was released 20 years ago, you misunderstood. I was referring to the era differences (if SC is "current" era and SC5 is 20 years ahead and "current" that'd make SC4 20 years old).

I wasn't disagreeing with you about the incorporation of more modern architecture either, just the (apparently false) remark in the article about the era. SC has never been tied to a particular era other than the current century and its architecture. As you say, everything looks the same from 1900 to 2050 - hence why the remark about the era made no sense. How can it be set 20 years after a game whose "era" spans 100-150 years? :p

Anyway, as I said it appears to be a misunderstanding on PC Gamer's article - the original merely says SC5 comes 20 years after SC's first release, with no mention of it in the context of the game's setting.

#20 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

• 6,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 22:51

Really? That makes me sad… :(

I'm off crying myself to sleep now… :cry:

:broken:

Don’t mind about it, Maxis is supposed to show off their next game this week.

If those screenshots are old, at best we will get better graphics. And at worse, we will get … no new Sim City :(

I’m pretty confident about it, it’s been SO much time and the hardware has improved so much since then. There IS something to be done about it and the timing is right. They can make something really incredible if they want and it’ll sell like hot cakes. I hope it’ll be on OS X too…

#21 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,134 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:10

I loved SC2000! Still got both the install floppes here as well :D.
The jazzy music was really funky, ah, such memories of that.

#22 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,642 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:14

Hope this is true. SC4 is great, I've been dealing with Cities XL for my new fix, but by God it's slow once your city is a decent size.

#23 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

• 1,123 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:17

PLEASE BE TRUE . AS I HAVE JIZED MYSELF

#24 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,923 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:38

According to the feature, picked over by NeoGaf, the next SimCity will be set 20 years after previous entries and feature organic cities that won’t have to stick to America’s regimented block system.

If they mean by that that blocks can be organized in angles, curved areas, and at different sizes, that's cool, but I don't see it in the screenshots. I see curved roads, but not buildings.

The main feature I want in any new SimCity games is a return of generated terrain. Its a pain in the ass having to create your own terrain every time you want to create a city.

Also, I wouldn't mind being able to start earlier in history, before cars and electricity, and build up a historic city center, and then play into the 20th century.

#25 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

• 1,231 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S 64GB • iOS 7.1

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:49

SC2000 was the best. SC4 was ok. I hope this SC5 is true and that it will be available on Mac from the start.

#26 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:58

SC2K was THE BEST SIM GAME OF ALL TIME!!!

I hope I will be able to say this for SC5!!

#27 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,923 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 00:13

SC2K was THE BEST SIM GAME OF ALL TIME!!!

I hope I will be able to say this for SC5!!

I liked SC4 especially once you add the expansion pack to it. More complexity actually makes the game more fun.

#28 MistaT40

MistaT40

Neowinian

• 1,186 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 00:17

I loved Sim City and Sim Farm - Sim City got me into their games but it was Sim Farm that I got hooked on for some reason lol. I didn't even know you could finish those games until I found out that once you reach $1M that was it.

Does everyone remember the cheat code you could use in Sim Farm to get I think $1M dollars? Lol - made for some fun rookie times.

#29 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 04 March 2012 - 00:33

I liked SC4 especially once you add the expansion pack to it. More complexity actually makes the game more fun.

Same here but it didn't have the same vibe to it. felt a little more serious then 2K did... Oh well I still loved sc4.

#30 ncc50446

ncc50446

Engage!

• 1,312 posts
  • Phone: Android AOKP 4.0.4

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:01

Simcity 2000 + Sim Copter = Awesome lol
I really hope this is true...It's been far too long...I wasn't a big fan of 3 (Compared to the other Simcities), but 4 was great. Though I didn't like the regions as much..

I really hope this is true..Though if they have those driving missions like in 4, they really need to improve the steering...That was beyond horrible..My cars couldn't even go up hills!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!