• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 13:40

Including Native American imagery.

An image reportedly from Assassin's Creed III has leaked.

The image allegedly comes from Best Buy's internal employee news and was sent to Kotaku by an employee.

Posted Image

The image clearly features Native American influences, including a bow and arrow, headdress and necklace. The character is also wearing cowskin boots and holding what appears to be a Revolutionary pistol.

This seems to confirm popular rumors that the third installment of Assassin's Creed will be set in the American Revolution. For now, we're not sure, but earlier today Ubisoft confirmed that a major announcement will be coming on Monday.

IGN

#2 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,612 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 15:49

Makes total sense from a lore standpoint, but I'm a little wary of a) shooting to far into the future and losing out on other periods of history, but that can be worked around, b) losing the parkour aspect in settings that lent themselves very well for it;

However, this will tie in easily with the idea of the Vault being in upper New York (revolution, or even french-indian war, that whole colonial period)

#3 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 March 2012 - 15:54

!!!!
Awesome!
As I stated in the official game thread, I would love this time period. I'm still confused to see how it will pan out, with there not being that many big structures to climb during this time period.
Excited nonetheless! Wonder what his name is?

I could see you travelling though, between Europe and the Americas, though.

#4 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 14,883 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 01 March 2012 - 15:56

Can't believe they chose the American History. It's the weakest of the History bunch. Should've chosen China or Egypt IMO. One of the things that attracted me to AC was the history in Roma, Damascus, Jerusalem. Guess I will pick this up for the heck of the series. I think China would have been the best fit. You can probably go through and see that the old "Kings Fortress" are huge buildings that one Auditore can climb. Maybe you can even climb The Great Wall too. Also, they've already started saying there are Assassins in China by introducing that female Character in AC Embers.

#5 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• 12,104 posts
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 15:58

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO PLACE ELSE!

#6 drazgoosh

drazgoosh

Neowinian

• 1,174 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 01 March 2012 - 15:59

Been an AC fan since the very start and I got to say that I can't wait!

#7 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• 8,208 posts
  • Phone: Sony XZ

Posted 01 March 2012 - 16:05

i thought it was an April fool for a second

#8 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 March 2012 - 16:06

Can't believe they chose the American History. It's the weakest of the History bunch. Should've chosen China or Egypt IMO. One of the things that attracted me to AC was the history in Roma, Damascus, Jerusalem. Guess I will pick this up for the heck of the series. I think China would have been the best fit. You can probably go through and see that the old "Kings Fortress" are huge buildings that one Auditore can climb. Maybe you can even climb The Great Wall too. Also, they've already started saying there are Assassins in China by introducing that female Character in AC Embers.

Whaaaa?
Nevermind the actual American Rev. going on. You also have free masons, illuminati, all-seeing-eye, colonial Boston, sons of liberty, and tomahawks!
There is plenty of story they can do here, and a lot of underground happenings during this time they can explore, which perfectly fits with the AC series. Dan Brown books come to mind, in a sense.
Also the fact that no games ever explore this time period, so it'll be a great break out of the traditional concurrent settings.
Not to mention meeting awesome historical icons like Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams.

#9 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• 8,208 posts
  • Phone: Sony XZ

Posted 01 March 2012 - 16:10

Whaaaa?
Nevermind the actual American Rev. going on. You also have free masons, illuminati, all-seeing-eye, colonial Boston, sons of liberty, and tomahawks!
There is plenty of story they can do here, and a lot of underground happenings during this time they can explore, which perfectly fits with the AC series. Dan Brown books come to mind, in a sense.
Also the fact that no games ever explore this time period, so it'll be a great break out of the traditional concurrent settings.
Not to mention meeting awesome historical icons like Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams.

George washington is templer!!!! he used the apple to cause the revolt

kill him in the final mission!!

:p

#10 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,262 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 17:03

There were a lot of treasure discoveries in china as well like the Terracotta Army.

#11 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 17:06

Posted Image
This was supposed to be Desmonds story, I wish they would just hurry the **** up and finish the story, it was originally meant to be a trilogy before they decided to milk it and make the second game into a trilogy.

#12 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 14,883 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 17:48

Posted Image

It's real boys. It's real. :(

#13 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 14,883 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 17:55

Whaaaa?

Yes. that is true. But that's all known theories. I want to know what the rest of the world has to offer. That's why the locations in Roma/Damascus/Jeruslam etc are so intriguing to me. Even as you said, the Dan Brown books, it's all known out to the world. I'd rather want to see something creative made out of the other countries, cause referring back to America's Illuminati is just doing the same thing over and over again.

#14 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 18:33

GI cover story this month. This setting might just have me play AC2 through revelations. 2 started off slow but I really enjoy American history. Though I thought with all the 2012 talk from the devs that they were gonna wrap up the main story this year with Desmond. The GI article makes mention that this AC has been in development since AC2 was completed.
Posted Image

#15 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• 3,993 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 01 March 2012 - 18:39

Looks amazing.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!