Photo

Halo 4

official halo 4 343 industries microsoft studios josh holmes xbox 360 xbox one fps

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#166 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:34

It would be hard to make a Reach game for only one day anyway.

Yes, I'm aware of this hierarchy. Still doesn't change the fact that they disregarded the first released Halo canon. The book that officially established the Halo universe. There is a difference between retcons and just being ignorant. I don't mind them retconning the series, I do mind them claiming to have made a game that follows established canon and it not being so

Well... That would be Halo, the game :)

#167 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:39

Well... That would be Halo, the game :)

Halo: Fall of Reach (Novel) - October 30, 2001
Halo: Combat Evolved (Game) - November 15, 2001

#168 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

Your worst nightmare

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:15

Theres a few claims that the Fal of Reach novel was supposed to be released after the game hit... Kinda like the third book in the forerunner trilogy as it will reveal some in-game spoilers. (The AI is already known though >.> ) hopefully will see one of the mega size halos from the forerunner civil war.

#169 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 June 2012 - 16:41

Don't know about you guys, but Halo 4 made me want to replay the original, again (for probably over 50th time all the way through with my brother) though now we get achievements!

#170 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:31

Theres a few claims that the Fal of Reach novel was supposed to be released after the game hit... Kinda like the third book in the forerunner trilogy as it will reveal some in-game spoilers. (The AI is already known tho
ugh >.> ) hopefully will see one of the mega size halos from the forerunner civil war.

I actually like how they've released all parts of canon from the Halo trilogy (aka games+novels) in chronological order. It wasn't till Contact Harvest they broke that chain. Although won't say that the book was bad merely because they decided to make books that talked about prior to the events of Reach. I don't know what changed but someone somewhere stopped caring.

#171 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 11 June 2012 - 15:10

New Halo TV ad airing at half-time in the England/France match. Mostly E3 trailer stuff, but also new live action footage of Master Chief

#172 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

Your worst nightmare

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:14

:/

#173 Debus42

Debus42

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S

Posted 14 June 2012 - 00:59

I've never really been a Halo fan to be honest, but I have to say when I saw the Halo 4 trailer at E3 I was impressed. I played Halo 3 and Halo Reach and enjoyed those, but I'm really intrigued by the story of Cortana in Halo 4.

#174 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:11

New Halo TV ad airing at half-time in the England/France match. Mostly E3 trailer stuff, but also new live action footage of Master Chief

Video

#175 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 23 August 2012 - 15:57

This week's Halo bulletin includes details on achievements and samples of the OST.

Spoilers in achievements, be warned.

#176 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:56

#177 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 August 2012 - 14:45

it will undoubtedly be at least OK to good, even Reach was fine, though i didn't like it that much. Wish it would be on the 720, but i'll pick it up anyway and enjoy it. but it's weird that it's a Nov release, Halos usually come out Sept/Oct.

#178 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

Posted 29 August 2012 - 16:01

it will undoubtedly be at least OK to good, even Reach was fine, though i didn't like it that much. Wish it would be on the 720, but i'll pick it up anyway and enjoy it. but it's weird that it's a Nov release, Halos usually come out Sept/Oct.

Its been kinda split between September and November. Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo: Anniversary were released in November while Halo 3, ODST and Reach were released in September.

#179 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 03 September 2012 - 14:17

It's the first game in a new trilogy so we can expect to see Halo 5 and 6 on the next-gen Xbox. It looks like the SP campaign is going to be even better than Halo: Reach.

#180 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

Posted 03 September 2012 - 18:16

At least the video gives me confidence that they are trying to come up with something good, even if the line "taking chief out of his comfort zone" is directly contradicted by the fact they are bring Marines and Covenant back in this game.