• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#286 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:42

Started the SP campaign earlier today, just did the opening sequence, and it actually seems to be very well done.
I have felt this way for awhile, but I think I may just be getting really, really bored of First Person Shooters.
I purchased it outright so going to keep playing it, but I don't know, I am finding it really hard to play an FPS this day.
Weird, as for awhile, it was my favorite genre. But I much prefer either a 3rd person shooter or even a classic 2D platformer.
I am sure I may eventually really get into it. As I said, seems really well done.
Honestly too, I just went through 9 days of no power. Today was the first day I was back in my house in pretty much 5 days. So think, well actually know, I am mentally drained for sure. So may have just not been in the mood to play.

#287 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39

Spoiler

Can't wait for 5, time to lose myself in MP.

#288 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2012 - 18:29

This game is AMAZING!
The only caveat I have is the maps variety on Infinity slayer. The same maps appear too often. I only get to play on 4 of them. What about the other 7 maps?

Also, where are the other game modes? I kinda miss swat

I miss team snipers. They will be adding more game modes soon apparently.

Some maps are larger and only appear in big team playlists, such as Ragnarok and Vortex..

#289 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:18

Anyone know how to fire the rockets when flying the banshee? For some reason I cannot figure it out...

never mind, i figured it out

#290 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:21

Anyone know how to fire the rockets when flying the banshee? For some reason I cannot figure it out...

Push the Y button to switch what weapon you fire.

#291 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:56

My copy is here, I just need to go pick it up and get some SP going.

#292 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2012 - 18:53

Ok, I've been playing the SP for the past 4hrs or so, dunno how far I am but man these new enemies are intense. If they surround you then forget it, I don't care how good you are but if you don't get away you're screwed IMO.

#293 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2012 - 22:01

Accidentally got the "midnight launch" achievement while 4 manning legendary with 5 skulls last night, completely accidental and awesome!

#294 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:33

Just had an awesome 6-1 run on slayer with some friends. Got screwed on the first game because my friends apparently needed to warm up(and we were done a player). I lead the match with 25 kills but still loss. We then went on to win the next 6 matches pretty handily. I love this game.

#295 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:33

Loved the campaign, just completed it with a friend on legendary so time to try it myself now. Loving the Spartan Ops missions as well, it's an all round awesome game :D!

First few War Games I did pretty crap but then I changed my Spartan ID to P00P and started doing really well, I like to think it's because everyone else is too busy laughing at my comedic genius and originality... deep down I really know that they let me kill them because they think I'm mentally retarded :rofl:

#296 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:37

I'm not done with the campaign yet but quick question, can you even do Spartan Ops solo?

#297 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:43

I'm not done with the campaign yet but quick question, can you even do Spartan Ops solo?

Yeah you can do it solo, with friends or through matchmaking... actually not 100% sure about matchmaking but I'm pretty sure I seen the option.

I played through the first 5 episodes on Heroic myself and on legendary with a friend :)

#298 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51

I've never done Halo MP but I'm interested in doing Spartan Ops because they're story driven etc.

#299 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 17:00

Ok, just beat the campaign, OMG THAT ENDING!!

I'm gonna take a small break and then give Spartan Ops a go.

#300 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 November 2012 - 23:34

The game was mediocre at best.. 9/10 and 9.5/10 are beyond biased and paid IMO.. People give Medal of Honor Warfighter for example 4.5/10 and 4/10 and say how it's a shooting gallery and the story is weak but they give Halo 4 9/10 and 9.5/10? Are you kidding me.

Yes, Halo 4 is seriously polished (not a surprise since they had 5 years to make it). Everything was smooth and tops in terms of visuals and execution but the game is meh. It got real boring real fast. Basically the whole game comes down to go flip that switch, kill a bunch of same foes, flip that other switch, kill some more foes, and flip the 3rd switch. Rinse and repeat.

There were 3 parts in the game that had slight variety with flying and driving but very little. Overall it was done way too safe and with no thrills. The story is also pretty weak and convoluted and unless you are deep into Halo universe and you read and watched all of the Halo animated features and books you don't get anything in the game in terms of what's going on.

Multiplayer is pretty much the same thing we had before but with a bit more customization and a few more guns. I don't see what's majorly different from any other Halo game.

SpartanOps is a copy of SpecOps from Call of Duty and is really more go kill those guys there, destroy 3 objectives and get a pick up.

I finished Halo 4 on Legendary and the video at the end showing Master Chief's eyes was the highlight of the game :)

This is 7/10 game. Nowhere near close to 9/10 or 9.5/10 unless you don't care about immersive and great story, diverse and unique gameplay and overall fresh experience.