official fps halo 343 industries xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#31 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:16

Unless it's on PC, it will never look that good with the Xbox 360's hardware. Those are promotional screenshots (otherwise known as "bullshots"). And Bungie isn't the only developer to do it. Anyway, the Halo 4 vid doc has renewed my interest in the game. I didn't think they could top Halo Reach but it looks like they might do it.

#32 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:17

Don't see any big problems with the first one, same scaled up "blurriness", the second one is even scaled down as is nothing wrong with. The third one is an obvius staged shot to show of the characters and was never presented as "in game" in the first place. but they are the in game assets as they appear in game, probably staged in game and taken with the in game screenshot tool which renders at a higher resolution with much better AA, which could also be the case of the first one here, possibly screenshot rendered with the in game tool.

Okay HawkMan, you win, that seems to be the halo 3 you see when you put it in you 360 :p

As good as Halo 4 is going to look, I wonder if your copy will look extra special!

#33 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 March 2012 - 18:06

And these?
<<-->>
Added AA, higher resolution, better textures. Halo 3 is not immune to the bullshot list, it's actually one of the quite well known titles on that list.

I think the first one might be actually a real shot, screenshots generated by Halo3 were actually a bit better than actual gameplay. In any case, the ViDoc shows actual gameplay and looks a bit better than Reach although, can't be sure.

#34 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 05 March 2012 - 18:16

Looks cool. Looking forward to picking this up.

#35 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:09

I'm pretty sure it's been said officially at some point that Halo 4 is using a new engine and not a tweaked halo 3 or reach version. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or w/e but regardless I don't see why anyone would bring Halo 3 into this gfx wise. It'd be better to compare the gfx to Reach when the time comes.

#36 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:10

I'm pretty sure it's been said officially at some point that Halo 4 is using a new engine and not a tweaked halo 3 or reach version. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or w/e but regardless I don't see why anyone would bring Halo 3 into this gfx wise. It'd be better to compare the gfx to Reach when the time comes.

I agree, who would want to use an old engine that looks like crap :o. Oh yes, I went there. :D

#37 Xerax

Xerax

Flashbomb

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:19

9/10 Bungie use in-game screen shots/videos. So 343 will do the same.. Those screenshots looks pretty "in-game" to me..

#38 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:28

Okay HawkMan, you win, that seems to be the halo 3 you see when you put it in you 360 :p

As good as Halo 4 is going to look, I wonder if your copy will look extra special!

Good rebuttal, full of facts and no personal attacks and completely not childish at all.

#39 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:51

Good rebuttal, full of facts and no personal attacks and completely not childish at all.

Grow a thicker skin mate, anyway you and I both know Halo 3 does NOT look like that when you play it on the 360, that IS a fact. How so? Cause we've both played the game on a console, not just looked at screenshots of something we can't play.

It's one thing to speculate how an unreleased game is going to look from dev cycle pre-release screenshots, it's another thing to try and say a game which anyone can play, because it is released, looks like it's pre-release screenshots.

#40 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 05 March 2012 - 23:09

Halo Reach's Firefight seems to have similar detail to those reportedly BS screenshots above, if not better. From the screens posted above I can say that the game does look that good.
Posted Image

#41 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 05 March 2012 - 23:57

Grr, must repost my reply :|
Halo Reach's Firefight seems to have similar detail to those reportedly BS screenshots above, if not better. From the screens posted above I can say that the game does look that good.
reach_2326776_Full.jpg
ps: Some Halo 3 screens from my fileshare:
halo3_1222140_Full.jpg
halo3_907180_Full.jpg
halo3_5650818_Full.jpg

#42 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:32

Grow a thicker skin mate, anyway you and I both know Halo 3 does NOT look like that when you play it on the 360, that IS a fact. How so? Cause we've both played the game on a console, not just looked at screenshots of something we can't play.

It's one thing to speculate how an unreleased game is going to look from dev cycle pre-release screenshots, it's another thing to try and say a game which anyone can play, because it is released, looks like it's pre-release screenshots.

Except for the first and third one in your second btch, yes it does, As for those two. It still does, but with less AA inc they they seem to have been rendered with the screenshot tool.

#43 Brendando

Brendando

Andor

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 06 March 2012 - 16:05

First of all, the screenshots have been confirmed as in game. Second of all, Frankie O'Connor (one of the lead developers) stated this about AA and 720p running resolution in game:

http://www.neogaf.co...9&postcount=728

Cheers.

#44 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:09

I'll be purchasing this at a midnight launch regardless if it's worse looking or better than any Halo out on the market today. I'm excited. I haven't enjoy a Halo game (an actual game) since Halo 3 before it really died down to me when Gears 2 launched (2008). I need a Halo fix.

#45 Smashing Pumpkin

Smashing Pumpkin

helloworld

Posted 09 March 2012 - 14:36

First section of OP is quoting a description of Halo Reach?