Crytek's Warface Closed Beta Sign-up

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 March 2013 - 23:05

Just got my invite :) downloading now.
It asked to download a plugin and now its downloading in a web page. Strange set up, never seen that before xD

Well I don't know if it's been made to clear to anyone but the game is a web browser game. I played it for a while last weekend and it's pretty much unplayable for me. The mouse aiming is very inconsistent.

That being said, yes it is a beta, so it will hopefully improve. And it does look nice for a browser game so it has that going for it.

#62 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 23:08

I am in but it is unstable right now.. lag at times... of course, depends on system configurations....

#63 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 14 March 2013 - 23:11

Well I don't know if it's been made to clear to anyone but the game is a web browser game. I played it for a while last weekend and it's pretty much unplayable for me. The mouse aiming is very inconsistent.

That being said, yes it is a beta, so it will hopefully improve. And it does look nice for a browser game so it has that going for it.

oh wow, I didn't know that! that definitely wasn't made clear.
When I downloaded the client to play the russian version (before beta was available, the game has always been available to play over there). It was a desktop application and the game was like any other game.
They must have made it browser based since then though. Not so excited about it now.
Still downloading though.

#64 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 23:19

The game is not browser based, it's client based, launched through the browser and their new GFace gaming network they are pushing for this game (and eventually others one would assume).

It's just more or less the same setup like with Quake Live or Battlefield 3 on PC. Go to webpage, find server launch. Except with Warface you launch through the browser window, you find your server in a windowed game window, then it fully launches into fullscreen game mode. :)

I'm pretty sure not even the geniuses at Crytek could get CryEngine 3 working in a browser like Unity can.

#65 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:20

Honestly this is the most fun ive had in a FPS for ages. Unofrtunately I dont have BF3 so I havent played that but Ive played (and enjoyed until recently) all the COD series
This is so much more fun for me! So happy I tried it out, totally loving it!

It was crashing every 30 secs for me too for whoever posted that, I found out it was because I was using EVGA precision to monitor my FPS. There is a bug that when anything hooks into the game it will cause it to crash.
I closed EVGA precisionX and played for a whole hour with no crashes.

My name on there is guthatron if anyone wants to add me.

Came second in my first game, was well pleased with myself xD

#66 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:22

The game is not browser based, it's client based, launched through the browser and their new GFace gaming network they are pushing for this game (and eventually others one would assume).

It's just more or less the same setup like with Quake Live or Battlefield 3 on PC. Go to webpage, find server launch. Except with Warface you launch through the browser window, you find your server in a windowed game window, then it fully launches into fullscreen game mode. :)

I'm pretty sure not even the geniuses at Crytek could get CryEngine 3 working in a browser like Unity can.

Are you sure about that? Because when you're in the lobby it's actually a webpage.

#67 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:26

Are you sure about that? Because when you're in the lobby it's actually a webpage.

yeah its definitely not 100% browser based.
the installer downloaded game.exe to my HDD and that launches when I start playing.

#68 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:55

hmm got an invite, guess I'll go shave while it downloads

#69 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:09

yeah its definitely not 100% browser based.
the installer downloaded game.exe to my HDD and that launches when I start playing.

Something must have changed since I tried it last a couple weeks back, it was 100% browser based and nothing apart from an addon for the browser was installed

When the game did launch, eventually, the "Achieved with CryEngine 3" splashscreen was shown as if watching a youtube video, then jumped to fullscreen for the game

EDIT - Still have the extension for Chrome installed

Posted Image

#70 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:14

I'll have to try it again later...what I played was about as interesting as a bag of rocks.

#71 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24

It's not browser based. It's a browser launched full game client. It's a 2.2 GB Cryengine 3 install after all. :p

#72 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36

Something must have changed since I tried it last a couple weeks back, it was 100% browser based and nothing apart from an addon for the browser was installed

When the game did launch, eventually, the "Achieved with CryEngine 3" splashscreen was shown as if watching a youtube video, then jumped to fullscreen for the game

Posted Image

That's how it worked for me. I also could only get the damn thing to work on Chrome, too.

If it's not browser based than I'd be curious to know why the mouse tracking, specifically when using mouse 2 to aim, is so bad. BF3 doesn't have that issue.

#73 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 15 March 2013 - 13:39

Posted Image

it installs the plugin then you go to the site and it downloads the cryengine program. When the crytrengine splashscreen is shown, thats when the Game.exe is launched for me.

That's how it worked for me. I also could only get the damn thing to work on Chrome, too.

If it's not browser based than I'd be curious to know why the mouse tracking, specifically when using mouse 2 to aim, is so bad. BF3 doesn't have that issue.

I think that may be on your end? Theres no issues for me. When im playing, it plays just like any FPS

The site works fine for me with AdBlock aswell