OK here's the problem. Ever since updating to the newest version of ATI's drivers the Over drive has stopped working properly. During 2D applications the 2D clocks go to 300/157 which is normal but I am having this happen with 3D applications (games like SWTOR, WoW, Battlefield 3) and it causes the driver to stop responding.
Here's what I've done to try and resolve the problem.
1. RMA'd both cards - Same issue with new cards
2. Reinstalled Windows and the previous version of ATI's driver I had no problem with - Didn't work
3. Updated to newest driver again - Didn't work
4. Disabled over drive - Didn't work
5. Edited a custom profile to force 2D clocks to not drop below a certain threshold - Didn't work, actually caused more problems.
6. Tried each card by itself - Same issue (Thanks Muhammad Farrukh for reminding me, I did try that)
Intel i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
2 x ATI HD 5770 (12.1)
Intel x25 80GB SSD
Any other suggestions that may help resolve the problem would be greatly appriciated. I am about to take both of these cards and run over them with my car.
UPDATE: Used Driver Sweeper to clear old driver and installed 12.2 with no resolve. Still receiving the driver has stopped responding issue.
UPDATE 2: Been doing some research and it looks like Crossfire may not be working properly. It's enabled but GPU-Z says it's not (see screenshot). Is this normal or is it indeed broken?