13 replies to this topic

#1 Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• 186 posts
  • OS: Win7, Ubuntu 12.04LTS, PinguyOS 11.10, Backtrack 5R2, Zorin OS

Posted 11 March 2012 - 16:58

Hi

I am posting this for my uncle. He has been having a rough time with this business teaching computer courses. He does not have his certificates(destroyed) :( hence cannot apply for any jobs. Is there any legit online platform/ site which allow computer teachers and other subject teachers to teach online through web conference/ skype? I googled many but not quite sure about their authenticity. Any legit paying sites would be appreciated.

#2 OP Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• 186 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 17:39

Hi

I am posting this for my uncle. He has been having a rough time with this business teaching computer courses. He does not have his certificates(destroyed) :( hence cannot apply for any jobs. Is there any legit online platform/ site which allow computer teachers and other subject teachers to teach online through web conference/ skype? I googled many but not quite sure about their authenticity. Any legit paying sites would be appreciated.

Guysssss HELPP?

#3 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,552 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 12 March 2012 - 17:48

Google? Google Reviews? = Profit?

#4 OP Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 15:46

Google? Google Reviews? = Profit?

Can you please elaborate that? are you referring to putting ads on websites??

#5 jdegree

jdegree

Neowinian

• 345 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 15:58

I never had any trouble with using info found on 'eHow'

http://www.ehow.com/...nline-jobs.html

#6 OP Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• 186 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:37

try odesk. there are lot of legit there

AWESOME STUFF \m/

#7 pudgenton

pudgenton

Neowinian

• 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:05

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that. Is your uncle still looking for a job? He could have a lot of job offers if he's open to working online. It doesn't necessarily have to be teaching computer courses. He could do tasks under the Computer skills category (excel, word processing, etc.) or under Admin Support category (Data Entry, Researcher, etc.). You could let him sign up on Staff.com, it focuses more on making the candidates have full time jobs. Just make sure to write an impressive resume along with his experience and skills. Let me know how it turns out. :)

#8 OP Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• 186 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 15:41

I'm sorry to hear that. Is your uncle still looking for a job? He could have a lot of job offers if he's open to working online. It doesn't necessarily have to be teaching computer courses. He could do tasks under the Computer skills category (excel, word processing, etc.) or under Admin Support category (Data Entry, Researcher, etc.). You could let him sign up on Staff.com, it focuses more on making the candidates have full time jobs. Just make sure to write an impressive resume along with his experience and skills. Let me know how it turns out. :)

Thnxx i'll try staff.com... :)

#9 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,355 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 05 August 2012 - 15:49

Why'd he destroy his qualifications? No proof you can do the job = no chance of getting the job.

#10 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 16:32

Why'd he destroy his qualifications? No proof you can do the job = no chance of getting the job.

Probably he didn't destroy them himself.... Usually natural disaster does a pretty good job of doing that.
Possibly contact the issuing authority and get new certificates.

#11 pudgenton

pudgenton

Neowinian

• 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 23:49

Thnxx i'll try staff.com... :)

Alright. Let me know if you need help. :)

#12 vetthe evn show

the evn show

Removed

• 5,254 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 21:33

Possibly contact the issuing authority and get new certificates.

This is exactly right.

Anything worth having can be re-issued by calling the issuing authority. A+? Call up CompTIA. Degree? Your University Alumni Association will get you another. CCNA? Call up VUE. etc. The little card you get is to make you feel better, it's not actually useful as a way of proving you have some certification. I've never been asked to prove my degrees when I've taken a job - truthfully I don't think anybody has bothered to check even once that I actually graduated. Any company that doubts your certification wouldn't take a little card saying "you're certified in x" as proof anyway. Everyone knows you can just make that up in Microsoft Word. They'll just verify it by calling admissions or the issuing authority - every reputable certification agency will do because it's the only way to protect their (the certification companies) reputation.

#13 koolguy

koolguy

Neowinian

• 77 posts
  • Phone: Basic Samsung Mobile

Posted 19 August 2012 - 18:33

I'd suggest these sites
http://tutorindia.net/
http://www.tutorvist...m/teaching-jobs

#14 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 5,993 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 15:23

this thread stinks of ######, just ring whoever issued the cert and ask for it to be reissued.

you might have to pay, but it should be possible.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!