Photo

Metro for Steam - 3.6.8

321 replies to this topic

#166 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 August 2012 - 17:29

A small problem with redesigned downloads on localized versions of Steam. And it's great that you did a faster release, thanks!

Hmm, I'll have to see what I can do about that. I'm glad you like the faster release schedule. :)

this skin just keeps looking better and more refined :)

Thank you!

nice work mate. really the only skin ive ever used for steam.

Thanks a lot!

I'm releasing a hotfix to address a couple issues that appeared in 2.2.

2.2.1 Hotfix Release - Download

What's New in 2.2.1:

Chat:

• Fixed Status Bar text positioning
Downloads:
  • Temporarily removed icons to avoid localization issues

#167 revanmj

revanmj

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:16

Wow, that was fast. I came to write about bugs with new Community beta and saw there is already version which fixed them. Great :)

#168 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:42

Wow, that was fast. I came to write about bugs with new Community beta and saw there is already version which fixed them. Great :)

I need to make up for how long it took to get 2.0 and 2.1 out! :p

#169 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:07

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to get the news out that I have a Steam Group for the skin now. This will be the perfect way to make update announcements and post progress reports. The new Steam Community update will have support for message boards as well so that could be useful, perhaps for bug reports and suggestions.

I encourage all users of the skin to join so at the very least you'll be notified when a new version is released!

#170 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:40

Awesome! (Y) this skin just gets better and better! this is now my default steam skin :happy: keep up the awesome work!

#171 anidais

anidais

Neowinian

Posted 18 August 2012 - 22:31

Great skin. Fits Windows 8 much better. But I have found an issue. There is no difference that I can notice between active and inactive window.

#172 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:23

I noticed something that this skin is missing today. it doesn't have a loading animation indicator anywhere (that's rather important IMO as steam is rather slow on loading things sometimes, and that spinning animation helps show that it's actually doing something)

#173 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 August 2012 - 19:44

Scrub all that, just managed to replicate it. It's a steam bug.

Edited by articuno1au, 22 August 2012 - 19:53.

#174 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:42

Steam Community 8/22 Update Hotfix - 2.2.2 - Download

This release removes the newly added links under Community and moves them to the menu.

Awesome! (Y) this skin just gets better and better! this is now my default steam skin :happy: keep up the awesome work!

Thank you! :)

Great skin. Fits Windows 8 much better. But I have found an issue. There is no difference that I can notice between active and inactive window.

Thanks. I'm not so sure what I'd be able to do to differentiate the two all that easily. I don't have control over anything like a shadow, for example. I'd imagine Steam pulls the shadows from Windows though, which should be different when inactive vs. active. I'm using Windows 8 which has practically no shadow at all, though.

I noticed something that this skin is missing today. it doesn't have a loading animation indicator anywhere (that's rather important IMO as steam is rather slow on loading things sometimes, and that spinning animation helps show that it's actually doing something)

I'm really stuck with the loading animation. The default is really ugly and replacing it isn't that easy. Each frame is a separate TGA and my animation is far more complex than the default, which only has a few frames. I made a nice one that I really wanted to implement too. I'm still looking into it.

#175 anidais

anidais

Neowinian

Posted 23 August 2012 - 22:34

Thanks. I'm not so sure what I'd be able to do to differentiate the two all that easily. I don't have control over anything like a shadow, for example. I'd imagine Steam pulls the shadows from Windows though, which should be different when inactive vs. active. I'm using Windows 8 which has practically no shadow at all, though.

Maybe change the color of the inactive windows slightly? Can that be done?

#176 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:52

2.3 - Download

Description:
There are a ton of changes in this release so I encourage you to go out and find them all. This release is not complete in my eyes but I don't want to hold on to it any longer now that another Steam update has broken the skin.

2.3.PNG

#177 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 10 September 2012 - 14:57

You're an absolute champion.

I'm looking forward to 2.4 when you get time >.< As others have observed, you have just made this better with each release (a noteworthy achievement indeed).

EDIT::
Was looking through some of your other deviations. I particularly love the Aero+ theme. If ever you choose to take a swipe at W8 in the same fashion, make sure you tell me so I can install it :o

EDIT2::
Did you make the banner for the steam group or is it auto generated?

#178 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 September 2012 - 15:52

Finally installed this skin on Windows 8. Loving it so much. :)

#179 Excelsis

Excelsis

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:01

You're an absolute champion.

I'm looking forward to 2.4 when you get time >.< As others have observed, you have just made this better with each release (a noteworthy achievement indeed).

EDIT::
Was looking through some of your other deviations. I particularly love the Aero+ theme. If ever you choose to take a swipe at W8 in the same fashion, make sure you tell me so I can install it :o

EDIT2::
Did you make the banner for the steam group or is it auto generated?

The Aero+ theme isn't his, that's one of his favorites. I do agree it's a pretty good theme though.

As for 2.3, I've already commented on it before it was released. YES!

#180 Asskicker

Asskicker

Neowinian

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:21

While I'm not a big fan of Windows 8 / Metro I really think that this is the best steam skin out there, you really created a pleasant to look at client and everything just fits perfectly. It's amazing!
Great work on the skin BoneyardBrew and keep it up! :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!