Photo

WP7 trying to recharge for apps?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:28

Had a HTC Titan, lost it, dad got me another one - now when I am downloading apps it wants to charge me for things like 'Plants vs Zombies' same phone, same XBL account - so why would it want to re-charge me? Is it not like other 'cloud' services where the app is tied to the account and not the device?

#2 Noveed

Noveed

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:33

Nope, It should not charge you, once you click on "Buy" it should just start the download if you had purchased it before. I switched from HD7 to Lumia recently and downloaded a "reinstall app" from the marketplace that downloaded all the previous apps I had, Did not have to purchase them again.

#3 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:37

Had a HTC Titan, lost it, dad got me another one - now when I am downloading apps it wants to charge me for things like 'Plants vs Zombies' same phone, same XBL account - so why would it want to re-charge me? Is it not like other 'cloud' services where the app is tied to the account and not the device?

https://www.windowsp...m/en-US/account you can reinstall the apps you want from there, just login using your live id and click reinstall on the apps you want.

#4 downhillrider

downhillrider

Just Riding By

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:07

ya the 1st time I reset my phone and reinstalled paid apps I was put off by the "Buy" option, but it will reinstall w/o charging you again. Im guessing it all depends if your login info was the same. I've been bugged since the beginning that Zune dont backup apps.

#5 keyboardP

keyboardP

Neowinian

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:26

I think MS should really change the wording from 'Buy' to 'Reinstall' there because it gives the impression that you have to buy the app again. From the FAQ:

If you accidentally delete an app—or ever have to replace your phone—you can reinstall apps or games you've bought without paying for them again (as long they're still in Marketplace).