Laptop for Development, Web Design and Low Gaming.

Hi, I am on the lookout for a new laptop which I will use for software development, Visual Basic/C#/C++ with Windows. Python. C++ and may install linux. I am going to be doing web design and graphic design with expression and visual studio as well as photoshop and dreamweaver and I'm going to expanding my skills in inDesign. I also want to do a bit of game environment designing using blender, cry engine and a bit of light gaming.

I have picked two laptops, here and here.

Would you folks here at Neowin mind taking for me and giving your opinion?

Thank you!

get core i5, 8gigs of ram (you can upgrade any recent laptop to this) ssd and you are fine.

Thank you! Is it possible to upgrade a laptops processer, graphics card or install a blu-ray drive in the future?

Thanks but I not really keen on getting a macbook air and its price is a little over my budget.

Thank you! Is it possible to upgrade a laptops processer, graphics card or install a blu-ray drive in the future?

It is possible to upgrade cpu (not very common (a bit expensive and hard)), ram and hdd - not the GPU. The built in graphics in the modern i5 is enough for your needs (not sure for the cry engine). Get decent cpu for sure. Also consider display with higher resolution (you know more code on the screen) if you aren't going to plug it to external one.