I wanna make my own AOL software

Question

What program language would be the best for this? I would need to important a browser library to handle all the html..... Maybe somehow import something from the gecko engine that firefox uses? I also would like to use thunderbird as an email client.... somehow import that in there... Any suggestions on how to do this? I remember using vb6 it would be easy using internet explorer ocx. For that chat section I would prob host an IRC server and have my client connect to that...

..... *laughs hysterically*

Oh God, thanks for the laughs.

Did you try some WalMart restroom meth before coming up with that idea lol?

yes they did. AOL is the choice of meth-heads everywhere!

Have you really thought this through?

yes they did.

Let's import a baby stroller sandwich while we're at it.

mmm those are really good. but not with sour creame dont put that on it it ruins it.

faders are helpful for selecting where you hear the sound the most...

As much fun as we are having at togerland's expense (really, your statement is TOO vague) I think it's worth a moment to attempt to help this person.

I am going to assume that you mean you want to create a browser that includes additional software. The additional features could be to play music/video, organize your posts/mail.

Your first question is what is this software platform going to run within; Windows, Mac, Unix (yes yes, Mac is Unix... let's not go down THAT rabbit hole) Depending on the platform your choice of development software could be limited.

Be more specific about what you want to acomplish and maybe you will get fewer comments making fun of the question. (after all, AOL peaked over a decade ago)

• Like 1

all 6 of them XD

AOl sERvDEER SOFTAWAREEES POWER BY WINOWS mIELl EDITON AND aOl NeT SCRAPE SOFTWARE GOOD SPED FAST SERVER YEAH WITH POTATO ACCELLERATOR!!332312

dont tell the goat is

FT26

AOl sERvDEER SOFTAWAREEES POWER BY WINOWS mIELl EDITON AND aOl NeT SCRAPE SOFTWARE GOOD SPED FAST SERVER YEAH WITH POTATO ACCELLERATOR!!332312

dont tell the goat is

FT26

Y U NO LIKE AOL :rofl: