Photo

What is the best GPS app for iphone 4s?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:16

^ If you're on Android, there's an option to use the wifi/mobile networks signals as the gps in the location and security settings.

#17 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:47

It's hard to beat TomTom for iPhone (although it is not cheap).

Stick with Google Navigation for Android, it's excellent and free.

#18 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:13

I love Google Maps Navigation on my Android!

Mapquest=avoid it it does not have turn by turn street perspective and it drains battery like mad. I used it for 1 hour and saw my battery go down a lot more then Google Maps. It does do turn by turn but it does it in top down view which is also more data heavy and also isn't as easy to read. Also it took longer to show my place and calculate the route. Took 3 minutes!

Navigon's app is awesome but expensive. I also recommend having a 16+GB SD for it. I tried it on someone else's phone and it was awesome. I love the UI and how it looks too.

#19 JimmyT

JimmyT

Neowinian

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:37

If money is not a problem, buy them all. Some GPS programs have better maps for half places, other programs have better maps on other places.
I use 3 programs, one is good for my city, another is better for the capital city, the 3rd one is great for suburbs, villages and islands in my country. The 3 programs use map providers TeleAtlas, GI and NAVTEQ respectivelly. Always check the map providers first (and their coverage in your area) and then the program itself.

If you buy the best program (TomTom for example) and you're in a village where TeleAtlas (TomTom's provider) doesn't have any map data, then the program is useless for you.

#20 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:22

I'd say tomtom or garmin iphone app.
Navigon has same maps as garmin but i dont like its UI.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!