Crysis 3 releases spring 2013

I have enjoyed all of the Crysis games to date, but like most everyone else, think 1 was the best released. But I do get the feeling I liked 2 more then most people did. With that said, I definitely eagerly await Crysis 3, but I am a tad disappointed it is still in NYC, even if it is a NYC with an overgrown jungle. I just feel like so many different locations it could have been, so why revisit the same place from the 2nd game. Either way, looking forward to it.

This should be interesting. Not warming up to the idea that we are playing Prophet though.. We know he died in Crysis 2, even if some of his consciousness somehow was binded to the Nanosuit.. Getting a little farfetched.

You basically are playing as the nanosuit, and it calls itself prophet.

You basically are playing as the nanosuit, and it calls itself prophet.

Kind of. At the end of Crysis 2, it's revealed that nanosuits bond with their users. That's why there were so many problems with Nomad's fellow nanosoldiers in the original game. Because Prophet took off the suit, all his memories and whatnot were stored in it. The suit then combined his memories with Alcatraz (the new user), who essentially becomes Prophet at the end. Think of it this way: it's like a brain transplant, but both users' memories are saved in the process.

You're not playing as the nanosuit. You're playing as the combination of the nanosuit and the user, since they merge together.

Awesome awesome awesome news. I recently beat Crysis 1 and I thought it was excellent! The most fun I had with a FPS in a long time. This weekend I actually started playing Crysis 2 as well and I couldnt put it down.

I love the tactical options, the ability to fight or cloak yourself and sneak thru trouble spots. The gameplay is spot on for a FPS shooter. Excellently done, I only hope this 3rd installment follows suit and it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Umm, why would you "want" a game to run like absolute dog crap? I truly believe that the original Crysis ran the way it did, not because of how hard it pushed the hardware, but because of how poorly it may have been written (partially due to the DX10 implementation). When current systems (talking about the Radeon 7900/GTX 680 series) can still barely run a 4 1/2yr old game acceptably at 1920x1080/1200, it's no longer about "this game pushes hardware hard", it's more about "this is a very poorly optimized game/engine".

It's funny that when they re-wrote Crysis 1 with the updated engine from Crysis 2, they managed to get it to run flawlessly on consoles.

Looks gorgeous, but the atmosphere looks completely different from the first two games. Could just be the look of that specific dome, though.