USB Bluetooth Dongles - how many devices can connect to it?

My computer didn't come with bluetooth so I'm thinking about getting a USB Dongle to connect some devices. Can one USB dongle connect more than one device? I'm buying a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, so can they both connect to the same usb dongle or do I have to buy two?

Yea, I remember someone said 7 devices as well, but I thought that was for the bluetooth that's built in your PC. Are the USB Bluetooth Dongle's signal just as powerful? The one I'm getting is really small... does the size affect it's signal strength?

It's also 7 when dealing with an iPad. However, it depends on the types of devices. Some devices require more Bluetooth data, so they are more demanding than other devices. Data-intensive devices may reduce the total number of devices that can be active at the same time.

It's also 7 when dealing with an iPad. However, it depends on the types of devices. Some devices require more Bluetooth data, so they are more demanding than other devices. Data-intensive devices may reduce the total number of devices that can be active at the same time.

I'm assuming a mouse and a keyboard would work fine then, right?