Thinking about starting a blog to call out false advertising..thoughts?

For a while now I've had this idea to start a blog/website to identify false claims in advertising, as well as point out real truth that the ads do not show. I see it as a way to try and help consumers see the reality behind the lies companies put out. A good example is the following:

I saw a commercial this weekend for some online pc tune up site, I forget the name, but we'll call it "pcspeedup.com". The commercial begins with some college girl acting frustrated with her computer, saying "I need a new laptop, this one is too slow, I can't get any work done, and it always crashes". Her dad, sitting next to her in a chair, takes a look at the screen and says "It looks like you've got a virus. you don't need a new computer, you need pcspeedup.com". The girl proceeds to ask what that is, and the dad tells her how with "one click, you can make your pc faster, remove garbage, even remove viruses". the ad goes on to tell all the features that the site has, and how it can increase the performance of your laptop blah blah blah. In the end, the girl says "Thanks to pcspeedup.com, my laptop is as fast as new, and look! The virus is even gone"

So...It's going to come down to people who don't know much about computers seeing this ad, and thinking some website is going to make their computer brand new, which we all know is not true. Also, we all know that 99.9999995% of the time you can't just look at a computer screen for 2 seconds and know if it has a virus or not. My idea is just to provide an unbiased critique of ads, be it TV, news papers, internet, etc, and try to provide factual information, as well as alternatives (you can remove viruses for free by running acme virus scanner, for example) to consumers who otherwise may not know about these things (like my mom for example). I was planning on initially hosting the site myself, using something like wordpress to design and manage the blog.

I'd like to get some peoples opinions on if you think this is an interesting idea, as well as any recommendations on how to get started? As mentioned, I'm planning on using wordpress to initially start the layout/design, I'm going to host it myself at home, until i get some real traffic of course. I was also toying with names such as therealad.com, truthinadvertising.com(taken), something along those lines for the name.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would have gone with "TheBottomLine.com"

I personally would have gone with "TheBottomLine.com"

Sounds clean, professional and straight to the target!

I'd go with this one too.