valve half life

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,273 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12

At this point, I'd prefer it if Valve developed Half-Life 3 with a new engine (e.g. Source engine 2). The latest version of Source engine is somewhat limited in comparison to other engines like CryENGINE 3 or Frostbite 2. The frequent loading screens of Portal 2 is a good indication of that. Also, I don't think Valve has the resources to develop Half-Life 3 alongside Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. On top of that, they're still releasing content for Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2. Once they get those games out of the way, they should focus on Source engine 2 and Half-Life 3.

#17 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• 1,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:27

At this point, I'd prefer it if Valve developed Half-Life 3 with a new engine (e.g. Source engine 2). The latest version of Source engine is somewhat limited in comparison to other engines like CryENGINE 3 or Frostbite 2. The frequent loading screens of Portal 2 is a good indication of that. Also, I don't think Valve has the resources to develop Half-Life 3 alongside Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. On top of that, they're still releasing content for Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2. Once they get those games out of the way, they should focus on Source engine 2 and Half-Life 3.

I agree. There had been photos released a few years ago claiming to be Source 2, but they were never verified.

I would imagine there's two problems with HL at the moment. 1) The development of a new source engine. 2) The story arc. But I'm only guessing.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!