Final details on build

I made another thread a few weeks ago but I've finally gone ahead and ordered most of my build, I have a few doubts on the remaining components I was hoping you could help me sort out though.

I have already ordered the following:

My two main questions are which SSD to get with it and whether I should get a third party CPU cooler or just use the stock one. I do plan to overclock the CPU and the GPU (though nothing extreme).

I'm currently considering one of these two SSDs, is there anything else at around that price point (given the capacity) that I should be looking at instead?

As for the monitor, I'm currently targeting the DELL UltraSharp U2711 but I'm considering getting 3 x DELL UltraSharp U2312HM or U2412M instead. Not sure yet...

Also, if I have any glaring omission please do tell me.

I have decided to go for the HP ZR2740w 27" 2560x1440 monitor, thoughts?

A major decisive factor was this:

The easiest answer is for those who are gamers. The only 27? monitor with 2560x1440 resolution I can recommend is the HP ZR2740w. Every other 27" QHD monitor tested has had far worse lag, well more than a frame, and you just aren?t going to be happy with it.

Taken from the review of another 27" IPS 2560x1440 panel at Anandtech http://www.anandtech.com/show/5752/nec-pa271w-when-accuracy-and-consistancy-matter/7

If you are going to be doing any overclocking of Ivy Bridge you will want to get an aftermarket cooler. They tend to run a little warmer than Sandy Bridge when OC'd.

If you are going to be doing any overclocking of Ivy Bridge you will want to get an aftermarket cooler. They tend to run a little warmer than Sandy Bridge when OC'd.

Up to 20C hotter then Sandy ain't really what I'd call "a little warmer".

So yeah better get an aftermarket cooler :)

I took a look at the motherboard, and I must admit I'm not too familiar with the Z77 coolers but just when you are going to buy an aftermarket cooler make sure its not a low one because the transistors seem awfully close to the socket, I might be wrong on this tho.

Thinking of checking out how the stock cooler performs and if I'm not satisfied (if it's too loud) then I'll change it.

Thanks for the info, if I do get one I'll make sure it has clearance in the Motherboard.

In my opinion it even might not be loud but the problem is when you try to overclock it might get real hot real fast and in the worst possible scenario you might need to buy a new CPU in a short while after that, the more heat the CPU gets the less lifetime it has.

Ofcourse the stock coolers aren't some piece of crap, they are decent but yeah it's said that Ivy runs kinda hot when clocked compared to Sandy.

I see, any recommendations for coolers that would work well?

As for the SSD, I'm now considering either the 240GB Corsair Force GT mentioned earlier or the 256GB Samsung 830 series. Any idea which one is better?

To be honest, I haven't seen many Z77 coolers around just yet, depends on how compatible they are with previous sockets, best bet would be either the Corsair Hydro series for closed-loop watercooling. (The H100 is around 100 eruos here, yes thats kinda of a big money for a cooler but atleast you'll be safe for a long time)

And on the SSD part also go with the Corsair one :)

Thanks, I have decided to buy the Samsung 830 SSD

My new build is complete and has been ordered:

Intel Core i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core Processor @ 3.4 GHz

MSI Z77A-G45 LGA1155 Motherboard

16GB (4 x 4GB) Patriot G2 PC3-12800 RAM

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB

256GB Samsung 830 series SSD

Sony 24x SATA DVD-RW

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular PSU

Cooler Master Silencio 550 Case

Logitech Wireless Wave MK550 Keyboard & Mouse

HP ZR2740w 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Monitor