QoS Tips...

Hey guys I have a Netgear N300 WNR3500Lv1 and I just got Tomato installed on here and I really like how everything looks and how smooth it is but I am just confised about the settings for QoS. I have a 30/5 connection with Time Warner and I do a lot of Netflix and Gaming on my 360 and general surfing on my laptops. What recommendations would you guys suggest to get the most out of my network? Thanks :)

post-177223-0-14132900-1336312763_thumb.

post-177223-0-79017900-1336312772.png

Why don't you be a bit more specific...the most out of your network....

Let me ask you this, this is similar to what you are asking but in terms most will understand, I like every food out there what will taste the best for me? You have no clue what my tastes are like, you have no clue what doesn't agree with me, but I have stated such a broad statement that pertains to really nothing that you can make an educated opinion on so anything that you say will have little to no meaning.

Back to what you are asking, are you doing everything at the same time? Are you noticing speed issues? Are you having issues whatso ever? If not, dont screw with it. I stream on my Ipad, stream on my xbox, play games on my computer as well as torrent pretty much at the same time and have not noticed one ounce of slowdown. Everyone's opinion is going to be different, but mine is don't fix what isn't broken. QoS isn't needed until there is an issue especially in your environment. If it were a business and they have data and voice over the same line, voice would have to take priority and QoS configuration would be absolutely needed to maintain quality of the call.