Photo

Is Microsoft Already Manufacturing the Next Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 09 May 2012 - 16:16

The point is though, most of these media "apps" are horribly slow (youtube anyone?) and/or awkward to use(FiOS, Zune Video/Audio for example) or just plain butt ugly ("redesigned" Netflix). I still use my Xbox more for media than games but they need a more powerful box sooner than later. Or they should somehow fix the apps.

There's an update to the dashboard coming as well so I think it'll bring needed performance updates and or updated apps shortly after. Other than that I want to see more of the services expand out of the US but that's probably not something we'll start to see till the next Xbox which, since I bring up the dash, will probably use a very similar dashboard to what the 360 has/will get this year I bet.

#17 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

Posted 09 May 2012 - 19:47

I'd sure hope that they are pushing out some units already. You need to have the hardware in developer hands a good bit before a commercial release. I'd say that this may put us at an announcement at E3 next year and a potential Q3 or Q4 2013 release.

#18 oceanmotion

oceanmotion

Neowinian

Posted 09 May 2012 - 19:57

No doubt. That guy who got fired for mentioning Durango or whatever it's called not too long ago. That will be the new platform. Some devs are already in next gen development so not hard to believe they are working towards something as MS like to get input from devs and engine makers.

I think MS are just trying to get as many content providers as possible and do the best they can with current hardware. It will all converge next gen to something a lot slicker and faster. They might tweak some things but nothing major, they will want the big splash to be the next gen hardware and software platform.