Continuum (TV Series)

I can already see a problem though. If she has genetic upgrades, why can't she aim with a gun?

Probably because she never shot a gun with iron sights before in her life. She probably relied on that gun HUD for aiming.

It was an interesting pilot, but frankly I found the first quarter which takes place in the future a lot more interesting than the part that takes place in present day. Once they got to the present it just seemed like another cop show, albeit with one person with cool technology.

Lost Girl on the channel continues to be strong its a channel that I think gages fan response rather then ratings

I know that, but I was just pointing out the difference to someone who doesn't know that.

I know that, but I was just pointing out the difference to someone who doesn't know that.

oh right sorry yeah its a cool channel, channels like that make awesome underrated series

I thought the pilot was good -- looking forward to the next few episodes. :)

Personally, I believe it's tricky for a 60 minute pilot to be 10 out of 10. The show is setting up the scene, characters are still developing, plot is getting started etc.

Quite a good second episode, but I'm a bit concerned that they're rushing the story. There were two attempts by the group to get back to their time in the same episode, the main character was working, arrested, working, arrested and then allowed to work again by the end of the episode.

I don't know how many episodes there's going to be in the season, but I hope they pace the story a bit better.

The suit is by far the coolest thing about the show and they probably need to make more use of it.

From episode guides looks like 10 in S1

http://epguides.com/Continuum/

Just watched the 2nd one, I'm hooked!!! Not normally a fan of "cop" shows -- they just have been done and done and done. But the tech in this is great, loving the future flashbacks to fillout the background of the character, etc.

I sure hope they get more into a story then just trying to get home, or chasing them down. I like the bring back "democracy" terroriest aspect of the story - but I sure hope they get into some background of these guys. They just seem to be ######!! So why do you break some poor guards neck? Did you really need to slam that door on his head after he was down already? Other than being the bad guy in the story? And while your 60 years in the past, and your trying to get home - what if next guy has some major impact in your timeline?

They kind of touched on it in pilot with, maybe this has already happened and your just going through the motions - so everything you do is already part of the timeline sort of thing. So you really can't change anything -- but if that is the case, then don't you know you already failed?

So if the other case, maybe you should be a bit more careful in who you kill -- or you might just have killed your great grand dad?

I liked the first episode. I'm halfway through the second episode and so far, it's good. I didn't think I'd like this show because of the police drama aspect but I was wrong.

Guaranteed cancellation, I wouldn't get invested in it.

What makes you think it'll get cancelled? Unlike American TV channels, shows on Showcase are usually successful enough to go on for at least a couple of seasons. Also, Continuum had a really good start.

See here:

Monday May 28, 2012

CONTINUUM CRUSHES THE COMPETITION

Continuum ratings release | Return to Press Releases

1.7 million Canadians tuned into the series on Sunday

#1 scripted specialty drama episode this year

TORONTO, May 28, 2012 ? The numbers are in and the future looks bright for Continuum. The wildly anticipated debut of the Showcase original series smashed the competition, reaching 1.7 million* Canadians throughout its two airings on Sunday night. The premiere episode garnered a viewership** of 900,000 (2+) and 427,000 (A25-54) in its 9 pm timeslot, becoming the highest single episode ever on Showcase.

The massive premiere was the highest ranked show of the night across all of Canadian commercial television for Adults 25-54, Men 25-54, and Adults 18-49. With this record, Continuum claims the top spot as the #1 scripted specialty drama episode for this broadcast year across multiple demos.

Continuum is a futuristic police drama starring Rachel Nichols (Criminal Minds, Alias) as Kiera Cameron, a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. When a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution in the year 2077, they vault back in time to 2012 sweeping dedicated City Protective Services officer, Kiera, along with them. With unexpected assistance from teen tech genius Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen; Jericho, Scream 4) Kiera concentrates on bringing down the terrorists before they can change the course of history forever. Desperate to get back to her husband and son, Kiera impersonates a local law enforcement officer to expedite her investigation, forming an uneasy alliance with her new partner, detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster; Castle, Melrose Place).

Filmed on location in Vancouver, Continuum is developed and produced by Reunion Pictures in association with Shaw Media.

Continuum airs Sundays at 9 pm ET/PT exclusively on Showcase.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1717

just watched second episode, still a solid show!

solid first two episodes imo.

Yep! :) I'm really looking forward to the third episode.

Canadians can watch the first two episodes online: http://continuumtheseries.com/episodes

I assume it won't work for non-Canadian residents but I may be wrong.

great third episode! still find very implausible how the police just accept everything Kiera says on face value, but there was some amazing moments, including a great fight scene :)

In week three Continuum was down 20% from week two to 531,000 in its 9 PM airing(previously 670,000 and 900,000 in it's premiere) but still the #1 Showcase series by far.

I'm sorry but this show is hard to get into.

You have one group who goes back in time to stop the world being taken over by corporations who stifle free speech, free press, basically the freedoms we have now. A cop, or more like a goon who works for these big companies, gets sucked into the mix and is now hunting these guys in the past (i.e. the present).

OK. That is fine. Problem? The guys who want to change the past and ensure these companies don't take over and destroy civil rights are complete lunatics who mercilessly murder everyone for no apparent reason! I thought these guys would be the good guys. Revolutionaries who were going to fight to restore rights. Instead? They're maniacs who I can't sympathise with at all.

Now, the cop, well, she works for the companies that are the problem, so why would I sympathise with her?

Perhaps I'm being too critical too early, or perhaps I've confused the story, which is entirely possible. But currently, I'm not rooting for anyone.

Does anyone else see what I am saying?

Anyone else notice that there's some weird blur filter on this show ?

Yeah I noticed it too, the first time was when Kiera got into the Prius in the second episode but I thought they were just trying to cover the Toyota logo or something but then when it cut to Alec it was still around the edges of the screen. Not sure if its to try and make you focus more on the characters or something.

Also, loving the series so far. Just found out about it this morning so I went and downloaded the first three episodes and its got me hooked. I get the feeling it will get cancelled though. Almost every show that I watch gets cancelled and replaced with more and more reality bs ?_?

Yeah I noticed it too, the first time was when Kiera got into the Prius in the second episode but I thought they were just trying to cover the Toyota logo or something but then when it cut to Alec it was still around the edges of the screen. Not sure if its to try and make you focus more on the characters or something.

Also, loving the series so far. Just found out about it this morning so I went and downloaded the first three episodes and its got me hooked. I get the feeling it will get cancelled though. Almost every show that I watch gets cancelled and replaced with more and more reality bs ?_?

Well this show is broadcast only in Canada, and according to their numbers, it did pretty great so far