I'm a bit torn between the Nokia Lumia 800 and 900. While the 900 has a bigger screen I think it's a bit too big. Also the Nokia Lumia 800 has a nicer design with its curved sides, plastic and glass kinda blend together.

I'm a bit torn between the Nokia Lumia 800 and 900. While the 900 has a bigger screen I think it's a bit too big. Also the Nokia Lumia 800 has a nicer design with its curved sides, plastic and glass kinda blend together.

I went from an iPhone 4 to a HTC TItan. The size of that thing is wonderful for typing, but you clearly notice the low resolution on such a large screen. If I had to choose a Windows Phone device again today I'd go for the Lumia 800, I think, for that particular reason. Also, I don't know if it was a Titan thing or due to the large screen, but it had a slight touch delay. And as much as I like Windows Phone, I'm already back on an iPhone 4S, lol.

I really want a Windows Phone this time around, but not sure if I can justify buying 7 month old hardware (Lumia 800). :/ Waiting until the end of the year just isn't an option either since I can't deal with my BlackBerry anymore. If it were up to me I'd lay the damn thing on the tram tracks today and request the driver to drive over it very, very slowly.

I really really want a Windows Phone, but not sure if I can justify buying 7 month old hardware. :/ Waiting for the end of the year just isn't an option either since I can't stand that BlackBerry anymore. If it were up to me I'd lay the damn thing on the tram tracks today and request the driver to very slowly go over it.

Are you going to move from your BlackBerry Torch 9860? I thought you had an iPhone for some reason.

Are you going to move from your BlackBerry Torch 9860? I thought you had an iPhone for some reason.

Yup. Never owned an iPhone. I do have a new iPad though, hence the "iOS" part in my OS list.

Yup. Never owned an iPhone. I do have a new iPad though, hence the "iOS" part in my OS list.

to be honest I'm shocked you of all people would be considering a Windows Phone based on the opinions you've expressed on here in the past towards Microsoft and Windows 8's Metro interface. What is it about Windows Phone that has drawn you in if I may ask?

to be honest I'm shocked you of all people would be considering a Windows Phone based on the opinions you've expressed on here in the past towards Microsoft and Windows 8's Metro interface. What is it about Windows Phone that has drawn you in if I may ask?

I always said that I enjoy the Metro interface on a phone (maybe even a tablet, I don't know yet), but something that works on a phone doesn't necessarily works on the desktop. Windows 8 is the perfect example of that in my opinion: The whole point in owning a 27-inch screen is pretty much gone. That said, I wouldn't want iOS to run on my iMac either. The only real negative thing I ever said about Windows Phone was Microsoft's choice to allow phones to be sold here without supporting so much as Dutch auto-correct. However, they've since corrected that.

Anyway, while I love my iMac and iPad to death I like to see what others are up to as well. I already know everything there is to know about iOS, so I try to spice things up a bit when buying a new phone. This is the first BlackBerry I ever owned (and probably my last as well), I owned a Windows Mobile 6 and Android device in recent years, so now it's time for a Windows Phone one.

I've played around with the Nokia Lumia 800 on several occasions and just loved how fluent the Metro interface is on Windows Phone 7.5. A fluency iOS 5 lacks if you'd ask me. The interface is also radically different than anything else on the market and I love Nokia's hardware design.

So I guess it's a combination of wanting to try something new out once again and really liking Metro's look on a phone.

I always said that I enjoy the Metro interface on a phone (maybe even a tablet, I don't know yet), but something that works on a phone doesn't necessarily works on the desktop. Windows 8 is the perfect example of that in my opinion: The whole point in owning a 27-inch screen is gone. That said, I wouldn't want iOS to run on my iMac either.The only real negative thing I ever said about Windows Phone was Microsoft's choice to allow phones to be sold here without supporting so much as Dutch auto-correct. However, they've since corrected that.

Anyway, while I love my iMac and iPad to death I like to see what others are up to as well. I already know everything there is to know about iOS, so I try to spice things up a bit when buying a new phone. This is the first BlackBerry I ever owned (and probably my last as well), I owned a Windows Mobile 6 and Android device in recent years, so now it's time for a Windows Phone one.

I've played around with the Nokia Lumia 800 on several occasions and just loved how fluent the Metro interface is on Windows Phone 7.5. A fluency iOS 5 lacks if you'd ask me. The interface is also radically different than anything else on the market and I love Nokia's hardware design.

So I guess it's a combination of wanting to try something new out once again and really liking Metro's look on a phone.

I see ok. :) thanks for sharing.

Hope someone can explain to me why the opinion of an apple user is so highly regarded and their approval so sought after. :rolleyes:

You ask Microsoft. Apparently the company cares about it a lot and think it's special.

Well, iPhone is the leading "phone" on the market so people who've used that for a year or more would be as good a target to try and win over I'd say. Nothing wrong with getting opinions of users of other mobile platforms to help make your own better in the end.

I think WP8 bringing broader support for hardware and more features will bring it's A game to the market. It also sounds like the carriers will finally get behind it more like AT&T has finally done with the Lumia 900/Titan II etc. As far as getting a new device, if you can wait then wait, only a few more months I'd guess. October/November sounds like the timeframe for new WP8 devices to hit the market, that's when I expect to get a new phone and leave behind this 2 year old LG Optimus 7 (though it's been good to me to date).

I fully expect Nokia to release updated Lumias with WP8, i.e. a new 6x0, 7x0, 8x0 and 9x0. Hell if MS wants to make a splash, though it might hurt sales, they could tease one new WP8 device next month at their WP developer event. I doubt it though, we'll probably see prototypes but that's enough to get a good idea about the hardware, and I expect a wide range seeing as how there have been rumors of 4 new resolutions that will be supported.

Just wanted to point out that 800 doesn't have FFC.

I really want a Windows Phone this time around, but not sure if I can justify buying 7 month old hardware (Lumia 800). :/ Waiting until the end of the year just isn't an option either since I can't deal with my BlackBerry anymore. If it were up to me I'd lay the damn thing on the tram tracks today and request the driver to drive over it very, very slowly.

To be honest, the only difference between the Lumia 800 and 900 is the screen size and the front facing camera on the latter. Beyond that they have the same hardware so it really just comes down to which one you prefer the look/size of.