DownThemAll Firefox addon- duplicates save path folder

Question

Anyone seen the problem in recent DownThemAll download manager for Firefox (in Windows), where it duplicates the final folder in the storage path? A bug report was created by someone, but no response by devs. No replies to my post in Mozillazine/ Extensions forum, or my email to DownThemAll. No idea how many users it affects.

When select a file for d/l, then "browse" to the desired location - click Open; takes you back to DTA UI.

The path to save file then always shows the LAST folder in the path TWICE. It auto duplicates (creates it) the folder name a 2nd time:

EX: If browse to location to store file & select that path: D:\Temp\Addons... It will appear in DTA "save to" path as: D:\Temp\Addons\Addons.

And it actually creates the duplicated last folder in path & saves the file there. Everytime. You can back space to remove the duplicated folder in DTA UI, before saving, but that gets old. This is new problem in ~ last couple DTA versions and /or last few Firefox versions.

Problem has existed in last few versions of DTA, so don't know if they can't find a fix or only affects a few users.

Anyone had same problem or found the cause? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I usually wouldnt sign up to a forum to reply on one topic but this bug has been

driving me nuts lol...

Whenever I want to save in a different folder, I always have to Copy Address As Text

from my Windows Vista folder then paste it in DownThemAll which gets very tiring and

annoying.

I have no idea why they havent fixed this yet even tho a few ppl have reported this bug

with DTA support and Ive been seeing more ppl reporting various places.

I am starting to wonder tho if its actually FireFox thats causing this problem b/c the other

day I tried it the normal way with my FireFox 13 using the Save Image As and the path

I set my default directory path is suppose to be C:\Users\SpazRaven\Downloads but when

saving a image, it adds another folder like DTA...

C:\Users\SpazRaven\Downloads\Downloads

Heres an image that might explain the problem we're having better:

post-448717-0-04116100-1340486751.jpg