Monitor losing power

I just got a new monitor (Achieva Shimian qh270) and am having an issue with it losing power. My video card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 and I've verified it's connected to the Dual-Link DVI port. After a certain amount of time, it varies each time it seems, the monitor will simply lose power. It doesn't go into sleep mode, it just shuts off entirely. I'm able to fix the issue by unplugging the DC brick for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

I'm curious if this could be as simple as replacing the power brick or whether this is something wrong internally with the monitor. Just wanted to see if anyone on here had had this happen before or had any suggestions to try before returning and getting a replacement device.

I should've mentioned in the original post. The power plan setting is configured to never turn off the display. It's set up as a dual display, and the other monitor has zero issues.

Is this connected thru a UPS ?

If your other monitor is not shutting off, then it is an issue with the new monitor's power circuits.

Exchange for another monitor.

I've tried multiple power outlets, both on the power strip and different wall outlet. I haven't tried a new cord, though there was nothing wrong with it before I salvaged it for use with this monitor. It was originally plugged into my printer with no issues. The computer is still running just fine. Sound, display on other monitor, USB connectivity. I end up going to the secondary display, setting it as primary to regain computer functionality, unplug the power brick, replug it back in a few minutes later and all is good again.

Not connected through a UPS.

The only other thing I notice is that the DC brick gets extremely hot. I wonder if there's something wrong within the DC brick that's causing a power shutoff?

The only other thing I notice is that the DC brick gets extremely hot. I wonder if there's something wrong within the DC brick that's causing a power shutoff?

Yea I'm kinda thinking something is wrong in the power path in some way or form. If the DC brick is hotter than your other (identical?) DC brick, then I'd call that the culprit. Or at least a very good place to start. Contact Dell and see about trading. There could be a future recall on it... if there isn't one already.

If it's switching off then it must be power related. If you have to unplug it and then plug it back in for it to work then this pretty much makes it even more likely that it's the PSU. However, as it's under warranty and brand new, I'd get the entire thing exchanged just to rule out anything else.