Gay Superhero to be Outed

As long as the character hasn't been involved in any storylines that show he or she is definitely heterosexual, DC Comics could just excuse this change by maintaining that this is merely an aspect of the character that wasn't previously revealed :) Well, I think that would be fine of them to do :)

Considering all, I think Batman would make the most sense. He keeps Robin around, has no serious female love interest in the storyline (what is there could be a cover or him trying to figure out his place) and he had a troubled childhood. Would be very likely that he could be the one.

I think it's like George Takei said about homosexual characters in Trek. They've always been there, but they just don't mince around like queens. Example: Lt. Hawk from First Contact was a gay character according to the production notes. Say, Aquaman (for example) if has never had a hetro relationship... Who says he's not always been gay.

Also, bringing in a new gay character, it would be very hard for his sexuality to not be the thing that he is known for - rather than Aquaman who's known for chatting with fish and stuff!

Agreed, plus (And I'm not sure how to say this), but I'm sure they would have a hard time bringing in a new character and not making them over the top gay with the power to control rainbows or something. With an existing character, at least they already know how he talks and interacts and what his powers are or whatever, so hopefully this won't happen. It would be rather offensive if they all of a sudden started portraying them as uber gay. The majority of the gay population wants to be viewed as no different from anyone else and I think that's important in media as well.

I have nothing against gay people but I swear to god if they make Superman gay and put a pink dress on him I am going to scream!!!! :(

Superman is the greatest Super hero of all time and there is no way in hell you can make him gay!

I know for a fact that superman likes T & A :)

Why on earth would he start wearing a pink dress?

Oh. my. God. The world is getting crazier every day. Spiraling on down the drain. May as well sit back and enjoy the collapse, which seems to be accelerating, in every category, and in every way...

Considering all, I think Batman would make the most sense. He keeps Robin around, has no serious female love interest in the storyline (what is there could be a cover or him trying to figure out his place) and he had a troubled childhood. Would be very likely that he could be the one.

I hadn't thought about that, but that would make sense. He's had relationships with women in the books though, so I guess he'd have been experimenting. lol And then of course, you'd have the moment of "Oh god" when you realized how young Robin was when he first started hanging around... :-\

Except batman has been the most hetero of them all in the movies at least. He's Gotham's Tony Stark

I have nothing against gay people but I swear to god if they make Superman gay and put a pink dress on him I am going to scream!!!!

Because all gay men wear pink dresses? Stereotype much!

Oh. my. God. The world is getting crazier every day. Spiraling on down the drain. May as well sit back and enjoy the collapse, which seems to be accelerating, in every category, and in every way...

Feel free to explain why a select few in a cast of thousands of superheros being gay is so "crazy", when one in four men is apparently gay... Intriguing!

Lol. Google Images for Aquaman (with safe-search off) gives you an idea of what it could be like.

• Like 2

Nah them Amazonian womens are all butch so its gotta be Wonder Woman and she is a gay icon already

http://www.azcentral...carter0411.html

Edit

The Gay Ghost (later renamed the Grim Ghost) is a fictional superhero in the DC Comics universe whose first appearance was in Sensation Comics #1 (Jan. 1942), published by one DC's predecessor companies, All-American Publications. He was created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Howard Purcell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Ghost

We do know it's a hero and not a villain don't we?

A gay villain, oh man. That would be.. well.. fabulous.

This is bullsh*t, I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Again, I will say 1 in 4 men is gay (according to some oft quoted figures). So with that in mind, how is this bullsh*t?

A gay villain, oh man. That would be.. well.. fabulous.

snapshot20090827230359.jpg

Get em, don't be afraid to use your nails boys!

• Like 1

Whats your point?

Just because people are gay doesn't mean they turn into women and like pink.

Well the few gay people I knew in years past liked to wear pink and girly kind of things.

I have to say they sure were funny and liked to have a good time.