Photo

Are these parts of the 2012 iPhone?

iphone speculation

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these parts of the 2012 iPhone?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are these parts real or fake?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Damian

Damian

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:38

Is this the back and sides of the new iPhone?

The iPhone repair experts at iFixyouri have forwarded a nifty new part that entered their catalog. It could be the back plate for the upcoming new iPhone or one of the early prototypes. We are told the Chinese parts supplier is a reliable one (not a fly-by-night) and that they are actually selling these parts (do not worry, we have one on order).
From what we can see, the part does follow a lot of the rumors and speculation. For instance, you can see the smaller dock connector at the bottom and it appears thinner overall. We are told the extra space on the bottom is used by Apple to enhance the speakers that will be louder and of a higher quality than the current iPhone. The supplier said the back plate is just one piece anchored by an aluminium alloy (not liquidmetal).
Interestingly, the supplier also told iFixyouri that black and white would not be the only two colors this year. There were at least two other colors seen for the back plate that obviously might not make it into production if these parts are indeed real. Normally, we would scoff at such a notion, but these same parts suppliers were the first to deliver the news that the iPad would come in white.

Pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source 1: 9to5Mac - Is this the back and sides of the new iPhone?
Source 2: 9to5Mac - Photos: Black and white next-gen metal iPhone backs, mini-dock, taller screen, moved earphone jack present

#2 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:39

Nope.

The back is as un-Apple-ish as it gets, the new dock connector I don't really believe in, but who knows.
Apple is always in for some surprises.

However, the back alone makes this an obvious fake.

Glassed Silver:mac

#3 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:40

I don't think this is the new iPhone. If anything it is a prototype shell they are using just to test some ideas I doubt this is actually the product that we will see unveiled.

#4 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:42

I'm sure it's a real prototype, but it will likely be somewhat different if it goes into production.

#5 sundayx

sundayx

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:42

It's probably real.

The same was said about the iPhone 4 leaks, ugly, then it turns out not so bad when it's official.

#6 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:44

I don't think this is the new iPhone. If anything it is a prototype shell they are using just to test some ideas I doubt this is actually the product that we will see unveiled.

This wouldn't even be created as concept I think.

If anything it's a trap to distract the rumor sites, something that Apple loves to do.

#7 butilikethecookie

butilikethecookie

Neowinian

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:46

There ugly!

#8 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:53

This wouldn't even be created as concept I think.

If anything it's a trap to distract the rumor sites, something that Apple loves to do.

That is why I said "if anything".

#9 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:54

That is why I said "if anything".

Notice I lowered your possibility? :)

#10 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:55

Notice I lowered your possibility? :)

no?

#11 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 29 May 2012 - 16:58

Doubtful that the final product will look like that. It's butt ugly and very un-apple like in appearance.

#12 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

Posted 29 May 2012 - 17:00

no?

As in you claimed it could (by slightest of chances) be a prototype to test something.
I lowered that to the level or purely testing engineers to throw them into a fake product design team.

#13 OP Damian

Damian

Posted 29 May 2012 - 17:03

More photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 May 2012 - 17:06

Nope.

The back is as un-Apple-ish as it gets, the new dock connector I don't really believe in, but who knows.
Apple is always in for some surprises.

However, the back alone makes this an obvious fake.

Good catch on the dock connector. That would seem rather bizarre (Though now that I'm thinking about it, didn't Apple sign on with the USB consortiom {Or whatever it was} to move to USB for the iPhone as well?)... I remember thinking that was bizarre back then, but who knows.

#15 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 29 May 2012 - 17:09

Good catch on the dock connector. That would seem rather bizarre (Though now that I'm thinking about it, didn't Apple sign on with the USB consortiom {Or whatever it was} to move to USB for the iPhone as well?)... I remember thinking that was bizarre back then, but who knows.

Well that wouldn't make business sense, now, would it. How could they charge you $40 for a charger if you could get one from someone else that did the same job for $5?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!