Photo

Tomb Raider (2013)

official action adventure crystal dynamics square enix pc xbox 360 ps3 lara croft

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,521 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:51

Finally playing it, just took a little break, only 40 minutes in if that, definitely like the whole presentation and vibe. I was already prepared for the fact I would be facing a lot of QTE's initially, so can see once I get past them how the game will really open up.

Any pointers on which skills seem best to unlock? I already spent my 1st point on her vision or whatever it is called, figured it was best to be able to see more items.

The best way to unlock stuff is to do all the tombs and collect all the collectables. Getting one of each done unlocks another skill point. What I did to get to 100% was follow the guides on youtube under 'powerpyx' - awesome videos showing exactly where you need to go and what you need to do :)

#92 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 321 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41

Love it.

Only problem I had, was when I was using keyboard and mouse and some of the QTE scenes where it would ask you to press blah din't actually tell you what to press... ie
Spoiler
- the diaglogue telling you to perss blah was showing a ? instead... but when I flicked to joypad, it now shows Y :)

#93 Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim

Whoa, Nelly !

• 8,178 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 19:10

Love it.

Only problem I had, was when I was using keyboard and mouse and some of the QTE scenes where it would ask you to press blah din't actually tell you what to press... ie

Spoiler
- the diaglogue telling you to perss blah was showing a ? instead... but when I flicked to joypad, it now shows Y :)

yeah, i dies three times before i figured out what the hell i am supposed to do.

however, i think overall the game is very straight forward... i never ever what really frustrated and wanted to quit the game... like it happens with most games. here, even the challegning parts were still common sence.. no need for guessing, you can work everything out.

i am considering replay on highest difficulty, but still not sure, if it will be fun... i should have played on the hardest if i known how good the game is. some games are just really impossible on hard.

#94 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,201 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 March 2013 - 23:53

Love it.

Spoiler

Even though the PS3 said exactly what button to press and I was pressing it, it took me like 15 times to get through that part successfully. It was annoying as all hell. It was the only issue I had so far, so I think that may just be a buggy ass sequence.

#95 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

• 1,774 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:07

The game was intense and definitely an enjoyment. Anyone who hasn't had a chance to play it is missing out.

#96 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:23

I also really enjoyed the last Tomb Raider Legends game. I remember just about ****ting my pants when I was on top of building and looking down, the sense of height was great.

#97 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,541 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:57

Even though the PS3 said exactly what button to press and I was pressing it, it took me like 15 times to get through that part successfully. It was annoying as all hell. It was the only issue I had so far, so I think that may just be a buggy ass sequence.

pretty sure they're just timed weirdly and they don't tell you that...you have to press it AFTER the circle is within the other circle. Which (considering how early they tell you to press the button) seemed pretty dumb.

#98 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• 2,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 18 March 2013 - 14:06

That last update and beta driver sent out by NVidia made this game a lot better. I can run Ultimate now at 50-60 FPS steady

#99 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• 6,346 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 14:14

I think i got stuck on the same part, i kept dying and then my girlfriend, who's never played a game in her life, was like 'my god, just hold the button..'

so if it is the right part not sure if you are away when the button appears you press and hold until the circle has moved all the way in.

great game though.

#100 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 17,201 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:56

pretty sure they're just timed weirdly and they don't tell you that...you have to press it AFTER the circle is within the other circle. Which (considering how early they tell you to press the button) seemed pretty dumb.

I think i got stuck on the same part, i kept dying and then my girlfriend, who's never played a game in her life, was like 'my god, just hold the button..'

so if it is the right part not sure if you are away when the button appears you press and hold until the circle has moved all the way in.

great game though.

Yeah. they did an awful, awful job of communicating this to the player. No wonder I am dying multile times at every one of these, and once I finally do pass it I am not sure how or why. There was a very similar part
Spoiler
I had to do that part like 15-20 times as well. So thanks for clearing it up, should make those parts playable now. (Y)

#101 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 17,201 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 15:14

I have not gotten as much time to play as I would like, but according to the game I am 40% complete. I also really take my sweet time and explore every possible place.

I have to say this is easily the best game I have played so far in this very young year so far, but it is also one of the better games I have played in the past year period.

Really is a great game. All aspects of it are incredibly solid.

#102 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• 972 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 23 March 2013 - 15:18

I don't want to read too of this thread, in case there are spoilers, but I truly enjoy this game. I haven't been this hooked since... I can't remember. I enjoy every single moment of it, and the story and the execution of the story really gets to me - it even made me cry once so far. I've supposedly finished about half the game, but I suspect there isn't much left of the story and the remaining percentages are mostly collectibles and stuff.

I haven't explored as much as I'd have liked to, simply because of the story. I need to know what happens, I can't just run off chasing stuff. Really gripping story-telling...

#103 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• 2,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:32

Finally got this game started and this is a real great grab!

#104 Xahid

Xahid

Anokha Neowinian

• 6,053 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:49

Just finished the game, its really enjoyable. The team (developers) really did the good job.
I guess, its not finished yet, waiting for further parts.

#105 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

• 13,920 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 17:40

I have to say, I've always been a fan of the Tomb Raider franchise, but this one outdid itself. I haven't been this engrossed in a game in forever... My only real dig was that, though the locations were certainly varied, I did miss the world traveling element from prior games. I'm hoping the sequel will include more of that, as well as more in the way of tombs... But as a game, it was really very well done and enjoyable. It's going to be very hard waiting for the sequel... :|