Spartacus: War of the Damned (Final Season!)

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else angry with Starz' sleazy tactics of putting artificial breaks in a 10 episode season on a premium cable network?

Aside from that, the last episode was awesome, as usual. Sad to see Crixus and Agron die though. :cry:

Aside from that, the last episode was awesome, as usual. Sad to see Crixus and Agron die though. :cry:

The Undefeated Gaul :cry:

Is anyone else angry with Starz' sleazy tactics of putting artificial breaks in a 10 episode season on a premium cable network?

I don't think Agron is dead yet...although he'll wish he was.

So, we expect Spartacus to die at the end or fade away and let the world think he died?

So, we expect Spartacus to die at the end or fade away and let the world think he died?

I hope the latter

Disappointed, I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending but everything they fought for was for nothing, they have blatantly left it open for a spinoff.

Disappointed, I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending but everything they fought for was for nothing, they have blatantly left it open for a spinoff.

I don't agree. All the warriors except for a few, were either killed in battle or nailed to the cross, the ones that survived were women, children and people unfit to fight fleeing the country.

Hell if they really wanted to make a spin off they could have just let Spartacus life since no one actually knows what happened to him, but they chose not to and kill him off.

To me this was a proper ending. Liam did a great job trying to fill Andy's shoes.

And Andy screaming "I am Spartacus!" at the end was icing on the cake!!!

One of the most epic shows I have ever watched!

• Like 2

And Andy screaming "I am Spartacus!" at the end was icing on the cake!!!

One of the most epic shows I have ever watched!

Yeah the Andy bit was so touching

How was it a proper ending, everyone died, Crassus and Ceasar lived, slaves are still slaves.... there is no closure, its like they intentionally left it open for either a continuation or a spinoff.

How was it a proper ending, everyone died, Crassus and Ceasar lived, slaves are still slaves.... there is no closure, its like they intentionally left it open for either a continuation or a spinoff.

Caesar couldn't die nor could Crassus but Cesar more so because of the fact he becomes so important

Caesar couldn't die nor could Crassus but Cesar more so because of the fact he becomes so important

Was hardly an ultra realistic retelling of a factual story though was it.

They spent 3 seasons going WOO FREE THE SLAVES, and in the end everyone who mattered died and the slaves are still slaves.

Was hardly an ultra realistic retelling of a factual story though was it.

They spent 3 seasons going WOO FREE THE SLAVES, and in the end everyone who mattered died and the slaves are still slaves.

Yeah well like in real life, **** happens!

I do admit that secretly I would have liked Spartacus to survive, they could have pulled it of as it is not know what happened to him.

Fitting end to a great series. Great to see a show go out on its own terms...instead of being cancelled and rushed to conclusion.

Favorite scene was when

Spartacus and Crassus were battling and Crassus stripped the sword from Spartacus and doing the same move that he used to kill his trainer. Saw that move coming but didn't see Spartacus stopping the attack. In the end, Spartacus bested Crassus if not for those dang spears in the back. Glad that Caesar wasn't involved though.

Other little notes: Was a shame seeing Kore on the cross. Lugo's death was bad ass. Gannicus seeing Oenomaus as he hung on the cross was bitter sweet.

Brilliant inclusion of Andy Whitfield saying "I am Spartacus"...very welcomed tribute to his unforgettable portrayal of Spartacus and a brilliant actor's life cut much too short.

I liked the episode as a whole. It displayed Spartacus' keen military mind and how great of a fighter he was. But, I too am feeling a bit underwhelmed with the closure. The fight for freedom didn't do anything, the Romans won without any real loss (besides nameless extras getting killed) and they definitively killed Spartacus.

I was really hoping the final battle would have been a draw or a incredibly significant loss for the Romans. I was also hoping that Spartacus' fate would have been left open ended. But with the way they ended it, it just seems deflating. There were many, many awesome things about the episode though. Just the taste it left in my mouth isn't too pleasant.

We all knew all from the onset that Spartacus would lose and die. I agree it was anti-climatic in a lot of ways and deflating, especially with them showing Spartacus' kicking some major butt, but that is how the story had to end. Rome won and it was the beginning of the Roman Empire. I think it would have cheapen the story to try and change it.