Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dpanda

dpanda

Billionaire SuperHero.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:05

the laptop that my company has issued me comes with excel 2003 because of compatible issues with legacy systems that company is using.
however, i have realized my excel is the only one around not able to subtract date & time from date & time.
i've change the format of cells to number and did everything the same. except that mine shows #value while my colleagues computer/laptop shows e.g 0.31 (days)

i use the basic =E3-C3 kind of formula and it has worked on other laptops/computers before. just not on this one. something in the settings not set right?

the tech guy have not updated the windows xp (@SP3 but says windows update agent is not compatible to get anymore updates) and i cannot update it manually because of locked administrator rights.

#2 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 June 2012 - 13:49

You'll need to provide us with an example from a working spreadsheet and the exact same example in your spreadsheet. I doubt it's a Windows setting, but more likely an Excel setting.

#3 +S_Herbie

S_Herbie

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 June 2012 - 14:31

Check that the value in both cells is actually a number - in a cell to the right enter =Value(E3) [or whatever the cell is]

#4 Cosmin

Cosmin

Graphics & Engineering

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:09

This could help you.

#5 +S_Herbie

S_Herbie

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 June 2012 - 13:09

It doesn't help with troubleshooting the existing formulas or existing data though...