5 posts in this topic

Posted

the laptop that my company has issued me comes with excel 2003 because of compatible issues with legacy systems that company is using.

however, i have realized my excel is the only one around not able to subtract date & time from date & time.

i've change the format of cells to number and did everything the same. except that mine shows #value while my colleagues computer/laptop shows e.g 0.31 (days)

i use the basic =E3-C3 kind of formula and it has worked on other laptops/computers before. just not on this one. something in the settings not set right?

the tech guy have not updated the windows xp (@SP3 but says windows update agent is not compatible to get anymore updates) and i cannot update it manually because of locked administrator rights.

Posted

You'll need to provide us with an example from a working spreadsheet and the exact same example in your spreadsheet. I doubt it's a Windows setting, but more likely an Excel setting.

Posted

Check that the value in both cells is actually a number - in a cell to the right enter =Value(E3) [or whatever the cell is]

Posted

This could help you.

Posted

It doesn't help with troubleshooting the existing formulas or existing data though...