Photo

Where would you choose to live?

seattle san fransico new york miami

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Where would you choose to live?

Where would you rather live?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Billaguana

Billaguana

Too tired to stop

• 239 posts
  • Phone: HTC Trophy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:19

I am trying to find a spot to go and visit for like a week but cant really decide on one of these.

#2 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,757 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:12

For like a week?
Well is it a week or not? :p Plus, living is different to visiting.

I chose New York.
Never been to America, but that's one of the places I want to go.

#3 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,326 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:27

i live right outside of Miami, and i don't even think it would be nice to visit for a week! hahah

i choose san fran, i've been there a couple of times and it was pretty nice.

didn't like new york city very much, seattle was nice, but was cold and rainy (which i hear it is most of the time)

#4 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:29

Well if I were to live somewhere else in the country, it would be Seattle. All around beautiful area.

I went on vacation to that area last summer, and it was a blast. Seattle itself doesn't have a whole lot to do (tour Boeing, tour Microsoft, Space Needle, Public Market), so I'd recommend you go take the 2-3 hour drive up to Vancouver as well. Very luxurious area and there's plenty to do in a big city like that.

In the beginning of August, I'm going on vacation to New England for 2 weeks and will be staying in NYC for a few days, so if you aren't going until after then, I can check back and let you know my thoughts. I personally love the extreme rush of the big cities, so I know it will be great. Expensive though. The hotels I booked downtown were over $400 per night.

#5 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:34

Vegas! :p

I voted New York City.

#6 James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

• 2,066 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:37

I have lived in San Francisco (grew up south of there in Silicon Valley), then Seattle and now New York City.

Seattle was nice to live for a couple of years, but I am not an outdoorsy sort of person and it is gray/cloudy SO much. There are no State income taxes, so it's cheaper to live there. The traffic is light (compared to the Bay Area/San Francisco or New York) They like to say the traffic is horrible... but they don't know what they are saying.

I loved living in San Francisco, it's small enough that you bump into your friends as you wander around town and yet big enough to have good eats, arts, clubs and other social events. It's never too cold or too hot. (No one in town owns air conditioners)

New York City is amazing. We've lived here 10 years and we are never bored. There is plenty to do and see at almost any hour of the day, but DAMN it is expensive.

It really comes down to what sort of lifestyle you want to have. My sister lives 10 minutes outside a village ( < 1000 people) which is 90 minutes outside Rochester NY (which is the middle of no where to me) and she loves it there.

Good luck.

#7 drazgoosh

drazgoosh

Neowinian

• 1,199 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:43

San Francisco by far. I've never been to America but have heard more positives about California than the other states. Also San Francisco looks like an amazing place to live.

#8 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:46

Frisco. Loved the weather, great city to walk around, and the whole area is beautiful. I prefer mid sized cities, and San Francisco is about as big as I like.

Which, of course, means I can't stand New York.

#9 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:55

Boracay in the Philippines. +30 Celsius year round, white beach's and beautiful scenery (including the women)

here

oh damn... didn't see the choices, where is the "none of the above option"? lol but if i HAD to choose one of those, Florida.

#10 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,730 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:26

From those choices, for me, probably Seattle, always wanted to hit the Pacific Northwest. Lived in NYC for about 8 years, I've had my fill. Florida is just wayyyyy too hot for me, and I understand California to be pretty expensive, not that I wouldn't mind vacationing there.

#11 BigDavy

BigDavy

Neowinian

• 82 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 15:44

Out of the choices given, I'd opt for San Francisco - it's been 12 years since I was there, but loved the place and found the people very friendly (stayed in a hotel in Japan Town on Sutter Street, I think).

#12 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,849 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 15:54

i would go with Seattle, WA just choose when its not raining :)

#13 koolguy

koolguy

Neowinian

• 77 posts
  • Phone: Basic Samsung Mobile

Posted 12 August 2012 - 15:57

You are always welcome to Incredible India bro :)

#14 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,540 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 12 August 2012 - 16:00

Laughlin, Nevada

#15 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

XXXIII

• 2,590 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 12 August 2012 - 16:03

Monaco, so you get a front row seat for the F1.