How to find writers for a blog?

I started a blog about software development, and I'd like to hire people to contribute content (kind of like how Neowin hires writers for the news on the front page). How can I go about attracting writers? How much should I pay them?

By the way... If you're interested in earning extra money, know about software development, and want to write a few articles, PM me :D

Generally, the rule of thumb is that as you build the site up (which will require extra effort at first), you'll raise the standard bar of your blog and will attract more of the writers that you're perhaps looking for. Marketing yourself well is key, using the power of twitter to highlight popular stories. If you can affiliate with other sites, that's always a plus.

If you can affiliate with other sites, that's always a plus.
How would I go about getting an affiliation?

I guess really to just bring your site up to a certain standard to the point where you think other blogs etc will want to be affiliated with you. From there you can contact them via email to work up relations, potentially leading to affiliation etc, just make sure to sell your case.