Thunderbird not showing "Sent" folder, doesn't send emails

Question

I tried with both latest version of Thunderbird, as well as v11.0

Look at that crap. I' ve re-installed windows, then thunderbird and look what I found:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5505/thunderbirds.jpg

1)Suddently there is no sent folder

2)Local folders and my email account are in a different position!

3)I can't send emails. It says "the connection to SMTP server was timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator"

Of course I have POP 3 mail account and I have set my username set as my email name (as it should). No other users on server have problems with sent mails.

What's going on here? People in Mozilla must be totally retarded! First Firefox went slower than IE, now this? For what reason? And if someone knows what's wrong please help because I was hearing some stories that "sent folder was hidden" and stuff like these, but obviously it's nowhere.

5 answers to this question

Have you tried to create a new profile and see if the issue goes away with that? Go to %\AppData%\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles delete (or rename) the whole profiles folder, and then restart thunderbird and let it create a new profile.

I did this and Now it always shows the error message "Thunderbird is not operating" and that I have to restart it.

I've even managed to install it to a different folder.

I have to wonder if you might have a virus running on your system. All signs seem to point to it. I would also recommend that you download and run ProcessExplorer this is a much better task manager then the one built into windows, and it should give you an idea of what is running, and if something is out of the ordinary.

Ah jesus, at least I've deleted that "profile" file, I've restarted my system and it works! With the lastest version.

The program started and I've connected using automatic function. The starting window said "password ok" but it didn't close! So I closed it manually (pff!) At the beggining there was only the inbox folder and the Trash so I was terrified. But I was lucky because after sending the first email the "Sent" folders appeared.

Now please also check this screenshot:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2102/mailre.jpg

In version 11 of Thunderbird I had everything in one category. Inbox, Outbox, Sent and Trash. Now why does Thunderbird seperate all these stuff in 2 different categories?

And how can I merge them? In which category and how? Because that thing is frustrating.

ps. I hope many others will find this post useful. After Firefox, Mozilla prooves that is uncapable of doing a serious job! If Google makes a Thunderbird clone (stand-alone, not in-browser) it will lead, like it already does with Chrome! It's just a matter of time!

This is how mine looks, Are you using POP3 or IMAP to access your mail? My Thunderbird looks slightly different because I am using IMAP to get my messages.

post-243659-0-27163900-1341579437_thumb.

If you have an annoying pop-up that you have to click OK each time, you can download and configure ClickOff which is a very nice little program for pushing buttons!