PC games sales up 230%. Console game sales down 28%

lolpiracy........wait what?

PC is the unofficial home of piracy yet sales are up, wonder what the next excuse will be.

PC game sales can increase 10000% if the stupid devloper/publisher release a working PC game that works great and not just a ****ty port job wrapped in muti layers of drm

lolpiracy........wait what?

PC is the unofficial home of piracy yet sales are up, wonder what the next excuse will be.

Lol. Just further proof the industry idiots are full of crap. They won't see they're wrong and will keep peddling the same excuse, whilst us folk who know better continue to laugh at them and thank them for the entertainment.

It's a great time for PC gaming. There seems to be a shift to the free-to-play (F2P) model which, for most people, is a good thing. It means you don't have to spend $60 on a game and instead, you have the option of buying in-game items for real money (or for in-game currency if the game supports it).

A massive factor in this has to be how PC games are so much cheaper than console. You can pick up a PC version of a multi-platform game, on release date and the PC game will be about ?30 (probably less) and the console version will be about ?50. I wish I was a PC gamer just to save myself some money.

I expect the Steam Sale to push that number higher :p

The numbers are based on NPD reports, and they are only reliable for retail box sales in NA. Although they are working on improving the digital domain numbers, it isn't easy because a huge actor like Steam (Valve) wont allow them to get any data. It's up to each publisher to report sales from digital vendors separately. Also as Valve is privately held they are not forced to publish financials, and have never done so.

Sadly lately PC games are now costing the same as the console versions (I blame activision for starting this with their stupid fish game saying people would buy it no matter the cost) so whereas in the UK a PC game would be ?29.99 and console games ?39.99 they both now cost ?39.99 Something I suppose we now have to live with?

Consoles are going to go more towards microtransactions, again caused by Activision and their fish game, in order to progress, whilst the PC owners saw through this and refused to purchase stuff that should have been included from the start.

That said I have bought far more PC games in the last few years than I have console games :)

only the be expected as the current gen of consoles continues to overstay its welcome. thanks for posting this Pupik, stuff like this news item is exactly what our friends at MS and Sony should be paying attention to.