The Wolverine (Official Thread)

LEcA.jpg

According to Variety, Fox and James Mangold have found the villain for their upcoming Wolverine movie in the form of Will Yun Lee. The site report that - "details of the Harada character are being kept under wraps and production is scheduled to begin next month in Australia." - but of course we all know that "Harada" has to be Kenuichio Harada, better known as The Silver Samurai.

Lee has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows over the years, including the Witchblade tv movie and Elektra. He also has upcoming roles in Red Dawn and the Total Recall remakes.

UPDATE: THR report that Brian Tee (Grimm) has also joined the cast as Norubo Mori, "a corrupt minister of justice who is about to marry the daughter of a Yakuza crime lord".

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056370.html

Jessica Biel has landed her second Marvel movie role, as she's been cast as the character Viper in the James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma, Girl Interrupted) directed The Wolverine. The first Marvel movie she starred in was Blade II.

The Viper character, formerly known as Madame Hydra, has a long arc in the X-Men mythology. She is a professional terrorist and has her own organization. She has come into conflict with many superheroes and supervillains over the years. Her nihilism and tendency to spread death around her has made it hard for other villains to associate with her.

As for her relationship with Wolverine, in the comics she "blackmailed him into marrying her as a means to secure her criminal empire in Madripoor. Although this was a marriage of convenience, she did request to consummate the arrangement. Some time later, her body was briefly inhabited by the spirit of Ogun, and Wolverine mortally wounded her as a means of driving the spirit from her dying body. In return for seeking medical attention to save her life, Wolverine demanded a divorce. It is later implied that she actually had feelings for Wolverine."

The feature is based on the classic Chris Claremont and Frank Miller 1982 story arc in the Wolverine comics. The story will follow Logan, who starts "a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers and Silver Samurai."

Biel is a kickass female actress, who should be great in the role. I'm excited to see how this movie actually turns out! The Wolverine will be released in theaters on July 26th, 2013. Biel will next be seen starring alongside Colin Farrell inTotal Recall.

http://geektyrant.co...-wolverine.html

• 2 weeks later...

He's a good actor, however, I am still trying to figure out what his role was supposed to be in the "Witchblade" TV series.

wolverine in film just does not flow well. I mean you would think it does....but it just does not work.

Alright, that's fair but how so?

He's looking pretty buff in those shots, i'm a big wolverine fan regardless so I'm going to watch this movie regardless. Besides it should be based off of the origin comics which the first movie wasn't, things go amiss when hollywood decides to do it's own original stories for comic books. Saying that I'm not a big fan of X-Men First Class specifically because of all the changes they've made. I think they went too far.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolverine Sypnosis:

Based on the celebrated comic book arc, THE WOLVERINE finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a set photo that gives us our first look at Rila Fukushima as Yukio, the highly skilled assassin who falls in love with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine due to his own well-documented talents when it comes to the killing arts.

4tRa.jpg