• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#106 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 24 July 2012 - 17:49

That does not look anything like the real Windows XP. The Classic Shell start menu does. Andrea Borman.

Does this look close enough to Windows XP for your liking?

Posted Image

Link to theme: http://satukoro.devi...-Aero-136960235

#107 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:23

Posted Image

Oh my GOD that start button was a pain in my ass to make.

by the way, did anyone see the smoldering train wreck labeled this thread? :/

#108 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:27

Does this look close enough to Windows XP for your liking?

Link to theme: http://satukoro.devi...-Aero-136960235

This is the real Windows XP from my Windows XP netbook. Andrea Borman.

Windows XP..JPG

#109 xn--bya

xn--bya

Neowinian

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:31

Tihiy, the program is great and seems a much better replacement for metro than other alternatives. The only major thing missing is large icons in the start menu, with that it would be a perfect port.
Its a shame this thread has become so derailed, maybe you could make another thread with your next update.

#110 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:31

Um. I know what Windows XP looks like. I used to use it since before it was called XP. Remember Windows 'Whistler', the beta version of XP?

#111 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:32

This is the real Windows XP from my Windows XP netbook. Andrea Borman.

Windows XP..JPG

You were trying to get your Windows "Whatever the hell that was" to look like XP, we're saying it can look more like XP than what you have it. Not trying to 1:1 re-create XP, that's near impossible, heck I had to make that start button in my screenshot and it still doesn't look perfect.

#112 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:36

Well here is my Windows folder on Windows 7. First the EN file and then the second images is of the files(batch files I presume inside the EN folder.) And the third image is of the Windows Explorer icon which is just a shortcut to Windows Explorer. It does not give you the shell files.

I am using print Screen and Paint,so it would not capture the whole of my Windows folder. That's why I have got 3 images.

So what do we do now with those folders? And which folders are you supposed to copy into the patch?
I still say he should provide the files for us like they do with every other software. Andrea Borman.

<image snip>

Firstly, that is not a shortcut, it's explorer. And secondly, please just READ THE INSTRUCTIONS what you need to copy is already detailed. I have already explained to you that the maker cannot supply the files because they are copyrighted and cannot be redistributed without permission. Please try a bit harder to actually listen to people.

#113 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:47

I really like this start button replacement though, using it in XP and I can finally trash that buggy start button replacer, and I think I'll keep the start menu too. Working on trying to get the classic start button from Windows 9x so I can use Windows classic with the start menu. :D

Question though, does anyone know where that classic start button skin is located? I'm searching wildly through my install and cannot find it, and would hope to replace that shell with the classic windows logo.

#114 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 24 July 2012 - 19:14

Why can't you just use Windows 7? Stop making it overly complicated. I see no problem with having an orb instead of a rounded rectangle that says "Start" and blurred "AERO" glass. I am up to -HERE- with XP fanboys/fangirls. Please, for your own good, stop using a 12 year old OS.

#115 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 19:55

Why can't you just use Windows 7? Stop making it overly complicated. I see no problem with having an orb instead of a rounded rectangle that says "Start" and blurred "AERO" glass. I am up to -HERE- with XP fanboys/fangirls. Please, for your own good, stop using a 12 year old OS.

Awesome for you, and you do realize that everyone doesn't have to do exactly what you tell them to do, right?

#116 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 20:11

Awesome for you, and you do realize that everyone doesn't have to do exactly what you tell them to do, right?

Yes I do realize that, however, it is old buggy technology, with multiple security flaws and does not support more than 3 gigs of ram without you running a third party hack. The UI is also a pixelated, blurry, un anti-aliased mess. The gpu is sitting there idol--use it instead of your cpu rendering graphics.

#117 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 20:17

Yes I do realize that, however, it is old buggy technology, with multiple security flaws and does not support more than 3 gigs of ram without you running a third party hack. The UI is also a pixelated, blurry, un anti-aliased mess. The gpu is sitting there idol--use it instead of your cpu rendering graphics.

That's good for you, and you know what? I'm using Windows 7, so don't come at me like I'm using an ancient build of Windows. You use whatever the hell you want on your machines, and quit trying to dictate what other people use on theirs.

#118 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 July 2012 - 20:45

That's good for you, and you know what? I'm using Windows 7, so don't come at me like I'm using an ancient build of Windows. You use whatever the hell you want on your machines, and quit trying to dictate what other people use on theirs.

OK. First off I wasn't talking about YOU in particular. Second off, F*** yeah I'll use whatever I want. Lastly, I'm not dictating anyone, for the second time. Yes, I agree everyone should have their views and opinions. Are we done?

#119 Mugwump00

Mugwump00

Neowinian

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:48

Took my noggin a few attempts to get it working (on x64), and it's not perfect, but I must say, this is really very cool, fantastic work!

Now bring on RTM and fingers-x'd it'll continue to work! :jump:

#120 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 July 2012 - 00:48

*F*ck!
Wow! I'm amazed, this is sleek man!

Thanks a lot! I hope you get yourself working on how to bring back start menu jump lists! And then, we're all set!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!