Da Vinci's Demons

ok so was excited to watch it. Turned on Season 1 Episode 1 with my wife and we were on board... then there was a bunch of gay sex.. lol yeah my wife said turn it off.  So does this happen through out the entire season? Or is this something that we just need to get past in the first episode?

I don't even remember any gay sex really lol!  The only thing I didn't care for was the 2 or 3 times you copped an eyeful of the popes donger, but probably less nudity than GoT over all.

ok so was excited to watch it. Turned on Season 1 Episode 1 with my wife and we were on board... then there was a bunch of gay sex.. lol yeah my wife said turn it off.  So does this happen through out the entire season? Or is this something that we just need to get past in the first episode?

i dont even remeber that from episode one.       yeah there is a few naked old men, in scenes in saunas,  but they are just talking.   and the show definitely becames more interesting closer to the ind of the season!  

GoT for me got amazing by episode 3 or 4, with first 2 episodes being ok-ish

davinci got fun only by episode 5 or 6, with first 2 episodes that were prettyu mediocre, and i only forced myself to watch, them because of the premise, and hope for future improvements, just like vikings.

Sexuality of Leonardo

Although there is little historical evidence pertaining to his sexual expression, there is widespread belief that Leonardo was primarily if not exclusively sexually attracted to and involved with men. Goyer acknowledged this and said that the show would not shy away from the subject.[24] Riley cited that because the speculation exists it is something that should be honoured.[25] His possible sexual interest in men was addressed in detail in episode five of season one when he is tried for sodomy. Leonardo describes his sexual relationship with men as a curiosity, as he states "No one defines me."

In a later interview with the gay-interest website The Backlot, Riley expressed his hope that the episode adressed concerns about shows depiction of Leonardo?s sexuality in a way that is satisfactory and respectful to any historical beliefs. Some readers reacted with anger at what they deemed to be the straight-washing of a historical figure.[26]

i think that after episode 5 they have never mentioned the topic again.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the "new world" direction of season 2, you still have the politics of Florence and Rome as a side story but Da Vinci dealing with Mayans should be pretty interesting. 

I'm still watching as well, the new world stuff is good, can't wait to see what this book is.

I'm all caught up with the latest season now! I'm liking this season a lot tbh. It's different from the last one and this new world stuff is definitely intriguing.

Finished watching the latest episode... as I was closing the window I noticed it was episode 7... had a mini freakout that there was only 1 episode to go.

Supposedly it's a 10 episode season this time around instead of 8 :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well wasn't that finale a Stargate Atlantis grade "###### Cliffhanger"! 

Good to see it has grabbed a 3rd season, even if the new world part of this season seemed a bit out of place. 

Glad to see Riario didn't successfully off himself, although he seems on an even darker path now.

I presume Vanessa will get more airtime in season 3 too, very nice to look at.

Yeah, I'm glad it has been grabbed for a 3rd season as well! I loved season 2 a lot and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the 3rd season!

Yeah, I'm glad it has been grabbed for a 3rd season as well! I loved season 2 a lot and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the 3rd season!

With the way s2 ended they better have had a 3rd in the works or people would rage.

With the way s2 ended they better have had a 3rd in the works or people would rage.

That is exactly what I was thinking after the last episode of season 2, haha :p

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree, I think it'd turn out poor to drag it out more and more.  Often times it's good when things end, as long as the ending is good itself.