Posted 22 July 2012 - 22:58
Oh I definitely feel the same way.
I prefer to use BASIC for my computing needs actually, for the following reasons:
- No activation, serial key, DRM at all.
- Who needs visual styles when you have the power of white text on black backgrounds
- Amazing performance. No need to waste valuable resources displaying the GUI
- Absolutely no integration with anything. No third party software either.
- Only 1 edition. Who needs a pro edition when BASIC gives you everything you could possibly need.
- No security like ASLR, NX. Who needs them, I live in a basement and the only things that touch my computer are my greasy fingers and the fast food I'm always eating.
- No multi-core support. Who needs it when a single core processor from 1980 is all you need to run BASIC at its maximum performance.
Screw Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux. BASIC is the way to go.