5 posts in this topic

Posted

I was wondering if anyone has tried

Posted

I have done it, but did it through outlook.com once I signed up with an outlook.com address.

Set up the email address through:

Click on Cog > More Email Settings > Sending/receiving from other email accounts
Added the account.

In WLM I received the email (can't post picture as I'm at work at the moment), clicked on the link and it opened a browser window and said thanks, I'm verified. Also tested and it works. But your email above looks fairly different to mine.

I might try using your link and see what happens.

Although they have the downfall of not allowing you so send email using your own non-MS address silently. So the recipient knows you are using an @outlook.com address:[list]
[*]Sending an email through Outlook.com using me@mywebsite.com as the address.
[*]Open it in outlook (the program) and you see the sender is listed as: "me@outlook.com on behalf of me@mysite.com".
[/list]
Gmail doesn't do this as you can set custom outgoing servers through the browser.
Heard murmors of using custom domains with microsoft but I have the domain and DNS settings elsewhere, I simply want to be able to send email through outlook.com from my own email address without the "on behalf of" coming up.
1 person likes this

Posted

Just a quick reply, I managed to update the security information to my existing account (IE, add a new security email address).
Got a similar email to your above and clicked on the link, it worked fine for me.

[attachment=316303:email.jpg]

Not tried a vanilla new account though.
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your replies and suggestions, Mr Spoon. I very much appreciate them and they will perhaps help someone else :)

Fortunately, the fix to my issue was much simpler. I'd realised that I hadn't tried other browsers

Posted

I'm having the exact same problem as Calum. The only problem being, I'm on a Mac and can't use Internet Explorer. I've tried using FireFox and Safari, but still can't verify these accounts. I'm beginning to suspect it's more of a Windows/Mac thing, as I've known others using PCs have been able to verify these accounts regardless of browser. Has anyone found a way to verify these accounts using a Mac? This is more than frustrating!!!
Thanks!