Purchased Windows 8 via RTM iso

Hey..

I installed the Windows 8 Pro RTM iso on my Samsung Slate.. then I went to activation and purchased a Windows 8 Product Key.

It cost me $69 (Australian) and an extra $10 for the disc.

Anyways, when I go to enter the key to activate.. it won't allow me to place numbers and letters in certain spots like what is in the email.

Does anyone else have this issue as well or know how I can enter the product key correctly?

Hey..

I installed the Windows 8 Pro RTM iso on my Samsung Slate.. then I went to activation and purchased a Windows 8 Product Key.

Anyways, when I go to enter the key to activate.. it won't allow me to place numbers and letters in certain spots like what is in the email.

Does anyone else have this issue as well or know how I can enter the product key correctly?

That doesn't work yet, it is a dummy key and your card will not be charged either.

how would people know considering the fact u can get right thru a purchase rather than it saying hey u cant buy it yet, dont be so quick to judge people

how would people know considering the fact u can get right thru a purchase rather than it saying hey u cant buy it yet, dont be so quick to judge people

What?

Care to rewrite that so we can understand what it is you are saying. How about some punctuation next time?

If you can purchase Win 8 (you can't), how about posting a link (you won't be able to)?

You can't even get this through TechNet/MSDN yet.

GOTTA LAUGH SOMETIMES ....

seriously lol when MS have said its not out till oct 26 ! and technet.msdnn people dont get till weds 15th aug,.... you take it that the RTM on the file name means it out officalt RTM means release to manufacture as it they making no more changes to give OEM's a chance to preload thousands of pc's/laptops etc with it and to give them time to make millions of cds !!!

OFFICAL launch its Oct 26 to be able to buy said CD's and PC's .... so why on GODS EARTH did you think you could buy a key and activate the copy early .....before Technet and MSDN people even get it !!!!!

any way i guess like the install setup dont try copy and paste ..... Manualy type the key and dont type the dash (`-`) ...

surely you read the LEAK/LEAKED message of posts about the iso ...meaning someone has unofficaly taken apon him or herself to upload the ISO illegaly as he or she had acccess to the said file/s and when and if found will probly loose all access in future.....

Yeah....but apparantly when you go to an option to activate/purchase through the OS when it is intalled you can go right through the payment system.

Some guys tried it with fake credit cards etc and it comes back with a fake activation key and the card doesnt get charged.

So if someone just randomly came across W8 RTM today without reading anywhere it wasnt released yet and decided to install it, saw the activation menu and thought "yeah I may as well buy it." they wouldnt know as it is a full payment screen and it does seem like it is successful.

So as said, dont be too quick too judge.

LOL Sounds like someone has been scammed!

I just explained in full what happens!!!

The payment system is there in full so anyone not fully aware of the situation can potentially go right through it and think they have paid, get a fake serial key and then realise it doesnt work.

The card does not get charged!!!

Hey..

HI, to answer your question...you can't. The payment system is showing as working but the serial you "purchased" is fake, and your card will not get charged.

Unfortunately you will have to wait until general release or technet etc if you are subscribed :)