• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• 1,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 00:39

AR-15 and my XD.

I have an AR and an XD as well. I've got the 5" 9mm and my AR is an M4 (flat top) Rock River upper with an ATi lower.

#17 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 00:55

I have an AR and an XD as well. I've got the 5" 9mm and my AR is an M4 (flat top) Rock River upper with an ATi lower.

Nice I have a bushmaster patrolmans carbine with a BCM full auto bolt carrier group with a BCM gunfighter mod 4 charging handle. My XD is a XD .40 subcompact.

#18 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,363 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:14

Well if a Zombie outbreak happened, I may be in the UK but theres an L85A2 in the armoury with my name on it. Considering it's one of the few weapons I'd know how to strip, clean and repair I'd go with that. Future availability? Most Army/Navy/Air Force stations in the UK are going to have this stocked. Plus it would outmatch the Shotguns and hunting rifles civilians are allowed to keep here. Excellent accuracy at range, very reliable (I've fired close to 1000 rounds and have suffered 3 jams) slightly heavy and not so great in close quarters but I'd stick with the familiar.

Posted Image

On a regular (Non Zombie) related bugout scenario? I doubt I'd have the liberty of "bugging out". :cry:

#19 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:23

Well if a Zombie outbreak happened, I may be in the UK but theres an L85A2 in the armoury with my name on it. Considering it's one of the few weapons I'd know how to strip, clean and repair I'd go with that. Future availability? Most Army/Navy/Air Force stations in the UK are going to have this stocked. Plus it would outmatch the Shotguns and hunting rifles civilians are allowed to keep here. Excellent accuracy at range, very reliable (I've fired close to 1000 rounds and have suffered 3 jams) slightly heavy and not so great in close quarters but I'd stick with the familiar.

Posted Image

On a regular (Non Zombie) related bugout scenario? I doubt I'd have the liberty of "bugging out". :cry:

Not a fan of bullpups but I wonder why those arent imported into the U.S probably some sort agreement between the two countries. Never the less i'll take my AR.

#20 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,363 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:26

Not a fan of bullpups but I wonder why those arent imported into the U.S probably some sort agreement between the two countries. Never the less i'll take my AR.

You might know it as the SA80, however we're taught to refer to it as the L85A2 model here, which replaced the older less reliable L85A1 model. Ive seen videos of Americans shooting it before I don't think there's an agreement not to buy them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxm_W3uNYw

I don't know why he specifies it as "not very accurate" though. I know there are better rifles out there but effective up to 400M is hardly "inaccurate".

#21 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:28

You might know it as the SA80, however we're taught to refer to it as the L85A2 model here, which replaced the older less reliable L85A1 model. Ive seen videos of Americans shooting it before I don't think there's an agreement not to buy them.

Dont know, I havent seen them in any gun shops or online retailers.Then again I havent really looked for them.

#22 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxm_W3uNYw

didn't they get H&K to fix it up at one point?

#23 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,145 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:29

What? Rippleman here in a pro-gun thread? yes, as i said in the past, I don't HATE guns, I just hate PEOPLE with guns. Anywhoos Dad is a cowboy and rides horses (only 60) and is freshly getting into the sport of horse riding and shooting on a track. Can't recall what its called but seems to be his "new" passion 9 (goes through one every 5-7 years). So he picked up a couple Colt .45's to add to his collection of ~20 rifles and pistols of sorts. I don't typically care to shoot, but he asked me to and since i never fired a .45 i thought sure. Don't know the make, but has a kick to it. I haven't shot a pistol for 20 years but its still the same lol. the pics are my shots from 20 yards away. In a zombie apocalypse i can say I think i would prefer a smaller gun then the 45. maybe i was out of practice (very likely) as you can see the results of my target pic.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:32

Do you hate your dad? With all those guns I bet you go into a rage a lot. Or do you mean you like guns and only think your family should own them.

#25 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,363 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:34

didn't they get H&K to fix it up at one point?

Yes, the redesigned "A2" variant, which replaced the A1 was done by H&K, (Then owned by BAE)

#26 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,145 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:35

Do you hate your dad?

love my dad but hate his favorite past time. He falls into the category of "you can have my guns after you pry them from my cold dead fingers" group. Yup... wish i was joking.

#27 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,326 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:40

I'm fine with an AS VAL, or VSS Vintorez.

Zombie apocalypse? K-I-S-S your weapons.

#28 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,363 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:42

Dont know, I havent seen them in any gun shops or online retailers.Then again I havent really looked for them.

Ive had a look too and can't seem to find it, I've seen videos of Americans firing it in ranges and kind of assumed they were available to buy. I guess they must only get sold to Armed Forces.

#29 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:43

Ive had a look too and can't seem to find it, I've seen videos of Americans firing it in ranges and kind of assumed they were available to buy. I guess they must only get sold to Armed Forces.

Probably.

#30 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:16

Posted Image

Not too sure of what you just wrote, but that's a real beauty. I'll take 4. :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!