Are you friggen kidding me, Bing?

Please check to see if you're not being intercepted.

Idk..I might be. I never had this problem in Firefox. Was having problems downloading the Win 8 Evaluation in Firefox though because MSDN wasn't loading right. Opened up Internet Explorer which defaulted to Bing. Typed in my search once, misspelled a word. Typed in my search again with the correct spelling and I got this.

Eh had the same thing from Google a few years back when one of my browser addons was misbehaving, was sending too many queries too fast and it set off that sort of verification. Haven't seen it out of Bing yet but I'm not surprised they're checking for that sort of thing too. I've heard that some malware can trigger that as well, but not from personal experience.

The only people who complain about CAPTCHAs are people with something to hide ... which means they're not really people at all! Just admit it, you're a robot!

Hahaha... That made me smile. Thanks :)

My guess is that you did something that indicated the pattern of a bot. This isn't something you would normally see unless you search pattern somehow looks like a bot.

so without you saying what you where searching for before this, how many times you hit the search button and all that for the 10-30 minutes before this. you're just making a lot of fuss about nothing.

Pretty sure even Google has processes in the system that detects bot like behavirou and either block you or asks for verification

• Like 2

google-captcha.png

Now what are you going to use?

Oh wow, I've never seen Google do that. Maybe being logged into Google/Microsoft account prevents it from popping up? Idk. These things really annoy me. I'd rather take the time to come to a forum and bitch about it than fill it out :D.

My guess is that you did something that indicated the pattern of a bot. This isn't something you would normally see unless you search pattern somehow looks like a bot.

so without you saying what you where searching for before this, how many times you hit the search button and all that for the 10-30 minutes before this. you're just making a lot of fuss about nothing.

Pretty sure even Google has processes in the system that detects bot like behavirou and either block you or asks for verification

Wow, and I thought I was being over-dramatic. Chillax dude.

Yeah i've seen this happen in PC's infected with malware/adware, so i'd run a couple of scanning programs just to be safe!

If you're going through a proxy or vpn that multiple people are using, bing/google will see an abnormally large amount of request coming from the same ip and show this.

I had the same thing happen this morning. Didn't know what it was about, but it did it to me twice. Main reason I even use bing in the first place is for bing rewards though. Easiest way I can think of to get free MS points (by cashing in the bing rewards points). It's annoying. I use bing every single day to get my points, and today is the first time I've seen it.