Photo

New WP Game branding?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:23

Can someone explain the difference between the banner for these new(er) games vs. the regular 'Xbox Live' Banner, and no banner at all for non XBL games.

Edit: This is all I could find, so its just a new logo, no specific feature differences? Its still WP7.5+ requirements.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:32

The green banner is the newer branding for Xbox games on Windows Phone. These games have achievements and other features tied directly into the Xbox services.

The non-branded games do not have achievements or tie into the Xbox LIVE services.

#3 OP Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:40

The green banner is the newer branding for Xbox games on Windows Phone. These games have achievements and other features tied directly into the Xbox services.

The non-branded games do not have achievements or tie into the Xbox LIVE services.

Thank you, I knew that but part (even though I did mention it) but mainly, there is no difference other than banner design between the logo's above? 'XBOX Windows Phone' vs 'Xbox Live'.

#4 Harrison H.

Harrison H.

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:49

I don't think there is a difference technically. The difference is simply them unifying their branding. All xbox live branded games will be moving towards the new style I believe. This way you know it's Xbox live enabled, and what platform it is on. They had to include the platform since xbox is being tied into Windows 8 with the games app and smartglass. You can launch games from there, so they had to make sure you knew what platform it was on.

#5 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:56

Thank you, I knew that but part (even though I did mention it) but mainly, there is no difference other than banner design between the logo's above? 'XBOX Windows Phone' vs 'Xbox Live'.

I already answered that. Not being rude, but why did you ask someone to explain the differences if you already knew the differences?

TL;DR (so you don't have to read my earlier post again):

The difference is in branding, that's all.