Is this the HTC Accord?

htcaccord.png

Football, a recognized XDA-Developer member who seems to have pretty free access to HTC?s ROMs has just posted this picture of what he calls the HTC Accord.

The HTC Accord is one of 3 leaked HTC Windows Phone 8 handsets and this device has, according to Football, the following specs:

HTC Accord- WP8 MSM8960 ? 1.5 Ghz Dual Core ROM 8gb/16gb HD Screen 720?1280 Camera 8mp NFC support microSD card support Previous rumours have pegged the handset as having a 4.3 inch screen and 1 GB of RAM and set for an October release.

The picture sports the Windows Phone 7 start screen as it is merely a render.

http://wmpoweruser.com/is-this-the-htc-accord/

Well, at least HTC seem to finally seem to have gotten over their curvy pebble designs now.

It's also nice to see that they're not just recycling Android designs for their WP hardware.

Another HTC Accord schematic leaks, confirms central USB sync and charge port.

A1szfr_CUAES19h.png-large.png

Football has leaked another image of the HTC Accord, this time a schematic showing the various buttons and ports.

The image does not reveal anything dramatic, but does confirm the placement of the USB sync and charge port in the bottom centre of the handset, as per yesterday?s rumour that Microsoft is standardizing the position in the interest of more 3rd party accessories.

The HTC Accord is expected to have a dual core 1.5 Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM, 4.3 inch 720?1280 HD screen, 8 megapixel camera, 8gb/16gb storage with microSD port and NFC.

Current rumours suggest HTC will reveal the HTC Accord some time in the 3rd week in September.

http://wmpoweruser.com/another-htc-accord-schematic-leaks-confirms-central-usb-sync-and-charge-port/

It would be great to have a notification LED. They are great for knowing when you have a message, an email or just another kind of notification.

With (I think) the vast majority of phones, you need to unlock it just to see if there's a notification for you.

A light is nice, true, but as far as WP8 goes, it seems you can place a number of your more important apps notifications on the lock screen itself, so you know if you have new stuff without unlocking the phone. The only difference here is that you do have to turn the screen on for a bit to check. I dunno what the number of lock screen notification slots there is though, Windows 8 has 10 iirc? WP8 might have less because of screen size.

A light is nice, true, but as far as WP8 goes, it seems you can place a number of your more important apps notifications on the lock screen itself, so you know if you have new stuff without unlocking the phone. The only difference here is that you do have to turn the screen on for a bit to check. I dunno what the number of lock screen notification slots there is though, Windows 8 has 10 iirc? WP8 might have less because of screen size.

I know. The Lock Screen notifications are great. But a simple and unobtrusive LED can help you avoid reaching and unlocking the phone to check if there's something waiting for you or not. Manufacturers can put one on their phones and allow us to turn it on or off as we like.

It would be great to have a notification LED. They are great for knowing when you have a message, an email or just another kind of notification.

With (I think) the vast majority of phones, you need to unlock it just to see if there's a notification for you.

I know that is the case with the Nokia Lumia 800, but I don't know of any other Windows Phones that don't have a notification LED. I know my HTC HD7 had one, and I'm pretty sure the Samsung Focus and HTC Surround do too. I was really surprised when the Lumia 800 didn't.

I know that is the case with the Nokia Lumia 800, but I don't know of any other Windows Phones that don't have a notification LED. I know my HTC HD7 had one, and I'm pretty sure the Samsung Focus and HTC Surround do too. I was really surprised when the Lumia 800 didn't.

My first-gen LG Optimus 7 doesn't have one. I didn't recall that the HD7 had one, my bad.

Samsung Focus and the Focus Flash doesn't have LED notifications, it's one of the few complaints people have with Samsung WPs. :(

HTC's HD7 and Surround does have it, however.