What game to buy for the Xbox 360?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:20

Battlefield 3, Halo 4, Black-Ops 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Need For Speed The Run.
Depends what you're in to. Check online game review sites and find out which have good ratings, etc. etc.

#17 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:27

I am seriously not trying to start anything here, but can someone explain the hype of Halo to me? Over the years I have played most of the FPS's that the 360 had, but I never could understand the hype behind Halo. I never found it to even be that good to be honest. But then again, I still play World of Warcraft, as well as Starcraft, so that may have some sway in my decisions. I just don't understand the Halo hype, at all.

Well by the games you mentioned, you're obviously not in to first person shooters, so obviously you wouldn't see the hype.
Nothing wrong with your taste in games, people are in to different types.
Some like fantasy, some like shooters, some like racing, etc. etc. Personally I'm more in to racing games. NFS, DiRT, Rally Sport Challenge.

#18 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:30

Wait for GTA V.

Battlefield 3 is crap.

#19 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:49

Battlefield 3 is crap.

In your opinion. In mine it's fantastic.

#20 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:02

In your opinion. In mine it's fantastic.

You must be easily pleased then.

- Sound cuts
- Really bad frame rates
- Really bad EA Virtual Server software
- Really bad matchmaking, resulting in lag
- 24 players only
- Dumb player base

#21 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:03

Definatly get Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

#22 +BeLGaRaTh

BeLGaRaTh

Been here since year .

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:08

halo = Hell No ... same game every time same as the fish game. Yet idiots still buy them :(

Get any of the PGR games or Forza Horizons, you wont be disappointed if you like racing games.

#23 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:20

You must be easily pleased then.

- Sound cuts
- Really bad frame rates
- Really bad EA Virtual Server software
- Really bad matchmaking, resulting in lag
- 24 players only
- Dumb player base

Again, your opinion.

- Sound cuts - not here
- Really bad frame rates - You've been smoking something
- Really bad EA Virtual Server software - Not sure where your problem is
- Really bad matchmaking, resulting in lag - nope, not here
- 24 players only - So you're comparing it to the PC version rather than other games on the XBOX then? Hardly a fair comparison.
- Dumb player base - again, in your opinion. I find the player base to be far more mature and skilled than in similar games.

Please remember you don;t speak for everyone and a lot of those issues you're talking about seem to be local to you and I've never experienced them.

#24 Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:35

HArd to say whats good when dont know what you like.

AC3 is ment to be good but i have only got past the intro so far and shot a few guards, seems the game really story intense these days.
Sleeping Dogs is a good game and has a decent story to its not often i actually watch the cut screens for stories but i did with this one, well 80% of them anyway
Hitman Absolution quite enjoyed this game, but then i liked splintercell too. Has a good story (i think) and challanged can be interesting im going to re-play this on soon as get chance
Halo 4 sitting on the 360, not had chance to play it heard its good though
GoW never really played it but know hits really popular.

#25 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:59

Again, your opinion.

- Sound cuts - not here
- Really bad frame rates - You've been smoking something
- Really bad EA Virtual Server software - Not sure where your problem is
- Really bad matchmaking, resulting in lag - nope, not here
- 24 players only - So you're comparing it to the PC version rather than other games on the XBOX then? Hardly a fair comparison.
- Dumb player base - again, in your opinion. I find the player base to be far more mature and skilled than in similar games.

Please remember you don;t speak for everyone and a lot of those issues you're talking about seem to be local to you and I've never experienced them.

Haha, really? I don't even have a responce to this. The problems I've mentioned are well known in this game, that even EA are aware of. Not opinion, FACT.
Please take off your rose tinted glasses.

Back on topic, Batman AA is a good game. Most prob cheaper now also as it's been out a while.

#26 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2012 - 00:26

I am seriously not trying to start anything here, but can someone explain the hype of Halo to me? Over the years I have played most of the FPS's that the 360 had, but I never could understand the hype behind Halo. I never found it to even be that good to be honest. But then again, I still play World of Warcraft, as well as Starcraft, so that may have some sway in my decisions. I just don't understand the Halo hype, at all.

I'm not sure what the hype is about either, but playing Red v Blue in Halo 4 is fun as hell. For me, I like it because I don't really like the realistic FPS games ala CoD and Battlefield. I don't want to play a shooter that tries to be realistic. Partially for moral reasons. Partially because I just don't find them to be very fun to play.

But I love laser guns and futuristic armor suits that have special abilities like rocket shoes!

Halo is just the popular one of these futuristic FPS games. And if you are into multiplayer, you gravitate to the most popular one because obviously it will have the most players for the long haul. My heart will always be with Unreal Tournament but it just isn't as popular as Halo is. So Halo is hyped because it is hyped.

P.S. I find the story line of the Halo single player campaigns to be extremely boring.

#27 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:38

Forza 4 is the next one I'll be buying after not playing games that much.

#28 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted 05 December 2012 - 20:41

The way it was explained to me by a friend, Halo was the first to get an FPS right on a console. Not played the first two Halo's, but did get a free copy of Halo Reach (Xbox dashboard update beta group for there new "dvd" format) and enjoyed the single player story and the online match's were very fun. Halo was originally being developed for Apple and Microsoft manage to swoop in and get the development studio (Bungie).

I miss when FPS wanted to take chance's such as the (original) alien vs predator (different species, different combat styles, one story told from 3 different perspectives), and No One Lives Forever (think Austin Powers parody before Austin Powers movie) as an example. System Shock 1/2 that manage to weave RPG and FPS in a way that worked. The Aliens vs Predator recent remake seemed like a shadow of it's former self. The creative bright spots recently has been borderlands.

@ OP

Depends on what you like?

FPS - Halo Reach (not tried Halo 4 so can't judge that game).
Japanese RPG - Blue Dragon
Action - RPG - Fable I (originally xbox but compatible on 360) & II (360), III is good, but was dumbed down and much shorter then Fable II

I prefer Borderlands, any thing from Bethsoft (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) on PC for either modding ability and/or much better graphics.

#29 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 December 2012 - 18:34

I gotta strongly vote against Blue Dragon. For a good JRPG on the 360 I'd say Tales of Vesperia.

#30 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 07 December 2012 - 22:41

I don't understand the Starcraft Hype or any Blizzard hype, tbh. I've never liked a Blizzard game. But that's just personal preference. There are multitudes of reasons why people keep coming back to Halo, but IMO its just because the game is solid and a unique experience. No other shooter plays like Halo does.