Gah common guys dont turn this into a fanboyism fest -_-

#137 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,916 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 10 November 2012 - 22:05

Hmm so your sources are gt fan sites

Uhh, one of them was a GT fan site, which was still an impartial review (you do know there's also a Forza fan site run by the same people?), and the other was an automotive magazine. Want some more independent comparisons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KVKSIVdK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2rJb3bkgg

#138 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

• 4,341 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 22:30

If you created the account you might be able to upgrade still, but im not sure since i cant try it.

Nope, it's closed.... :( Now I'm sad...

#139 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III

Posted 10 November 2012 - 22:48

I know the devs will probably have some giveaways in the future. Ill try to get some keys for the Neowin members :)

#140 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

• 4,341 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 23:20

I know the devs will probably have some giveaways in the future. Ill try to get some keys for the Neowin members :)

YES PLEASE! :D Thanks! :D

#141 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:28

YES PLEASE! :D Thanks! :D

When they announce something like that be sure ill say something. Also if any of the News Reporters or Editors @ NeoWin are interested in a Press access i think that can be achieved also :)

#142 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,214 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:46

Uhh, one of them was a GT fan site, which was still an impartial review (you do know there's also a Forza fan site run by the same people?), and the other was an automotive magazine. Want some more independent comparisons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KVKSIVdK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2rJb3bkgg

just FYI, FM3. And most will complain the GT5 you can drive on the grass in the corners without losing control as you should and GT5 allows you to throw the car into the corners.

either way, this is off topic.

#143 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

• 3,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:52

BTW, this game is meant to come to the Wii U right? What's the status on that - have any of the devs started getting parts of the engine up and running on it yet?

#144 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:13

They have been working simultaneously on the 4 platforms, XBOX 360, PS3, Wii U and PC. There can be some images soon from the console versions, except the WII U which they are still under NDA.

#145 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,645 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05

If you need help just say so Lingwo.

Heres a thread that you can give a look @ in order to setup your wheel.

http://forum.wmdport...SETA-tire-model

Pictures of the console version may show up soon.

Thanks, i have been basing my setup off of these and the other controller thread but i think something my end.
FFB and everything is fine, just i can't get the steering lock to work. It didn't when i first booted it up but now, it always wants to do 900 degrees.

I'll try again later today after a reboot, so hopefully it'll be ok now and i can sort the steering lock.

#146 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 14:12

Message from the Developers to everyone who contributed to the project.

Dear Members and Visitors,

Thanks to support from more than 80.000 dedicated members, Project CARS has successfully reached its funding goal of 3.75 Million Euro.

Purchasing and upgrading of tool packs is no longer possible.

All existing members will continue to receive the perks and benefits of their chosen tool packs as the title continues to be developed.

Those of you who missed out on becoming members in time are invited to check wmdportal.com for the latest news on Project CARS. We`re looking forward to everyone giving Project CARS a try once it hits the shelves on 2013 and we hope to welcome you as members of future WMD projects as well.

We wish to thank all our passionate members for making World of Mass Development such an overwhelming success and allowing us to independently fund and develop Project CARS.

The Slightly Mad Studios Team

#147 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,645 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 15:38

Now i can't even get the steering lock to be more than 180.
Now all it does is turn 900 degrees and lock it to 180. So when ingame it will do 180. Which is quite annoying because that is half a turn of the wheel. To get 180 though i have to turn 900 on my wheel :laugh:
Also it doesn't center when i let got of the wheel.

I'm not completely thick and have an understanding of what the options mean and can't believe i'm having this much trouble just to get the wheel calibrated :laugh: . I think i may end up having to post to ask for help on the pcars forum.

Just to make sure it wasn't my logitech profiler/wheel playing up, i tried F12011 and it was fine, no troubles.

#148 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 15:42

Probably its when you get to the 90º part during the calibration, it also made me some confusion in the beginning.

So the first phase of wheel calibration is that you turn the wheel left and right to the extreme in order to know the range it has.
The second part is the 90º angle, (heres the tricky part) you have to turn the wheel right and when you see on the top the numbers being = to 900º you hold the wheel like that (dont let it go !!) and press next or finish.

Maybe this is whats causing the issue ?

#149 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,645 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:51

Yeah, i am sure it is something there but even when i do that. It still has massive issues with it all.
I'll get there in the end, it is a G25 and a popular wheel, so i can't see it being the games fault. Just the idiot with the wheel :laugh:

#150 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:14

Try to post @ the G25 thread at the forums, im sure the other G25 users will be glad to help you :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!