• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#121 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III

Posted 10 November 2012 - 14:56

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Registration for CARS is closed. The morning I was going to buy it!!!!

Sorry guys its over, the funding has reached the goal and from now on registrations are closed.

#122 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,436 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 10 November 2012 - 14:58

Sorry guys its over, the funding has reached the goal and from now on registrations are closed.

It has? The progress bar on the forum doesn't look like it's 100%. Plus I saw a thread on there seeing if they could reach 4 million Euros by Christmas, so I assumed that was their target (meaning they'd still be just over a quarter-of-a-million Euros away).

#123 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:30

Nah 4 Millions target was something that a community member was asking for :p
Theres still 1,910€ left in the bar but its just for Juniors that might want to upgrade and didnt had the chance to do so. But the target was achieved.

#124 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

• 4,442 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 16:20

So they don't accept money anymore.... That's special... I created my forum account a couple of days ago and wanted to contribute but guess I'm too late now.

I'll keep playing Forza... LOL...

#125 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 17:17

If you created the account you might be able to upgrade still, but im not sure since i cant try it.

#126 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

• 11,707 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 17:30

oooooh indeed.

Im a Forza nut but nothing Ive found on PC has been as good, this however could just tempt me

forze could have been such a good game, if only it was on PC, with a strong community behind it, with modders making it more realistic, could have been an amazing racing simulator, instead its just a mediocre arcade racer

#127 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,708 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 November 2012 - 18:19

forze could have been such a good game, if only it was on PC, with a strong community behind it, with modders making it more realistic, could have been an amazing racing simulator, instead its just a mediocre arcade racer

:rolleyes:

#128 MillionVoltss

MillionVoltss

Neowinian Senior

• 2,273 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 18:37

Quick Upgrade. :) . Hope i can play online, happy to get more cars.

#129 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,436 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 19:50

instead its just a mediocre arcade racer

Actually, that's Forza Horizon. Forza 4 is a mediocre pseudo-sim. It's the most sim-like racing game on the 360 outside of RACE Pro, but it doesn't hold a candle to GT5, and both of those easily get trounced by pretty much every sim on the PC.

Agree with your other points though; Forza does have the strong community behind it, but obviously on consoles, they're limited to creating decals and tuning setups. And that's the joy of the PC world: the players will set out to improve the games in any way possible. Colin McRae DiRT is a good example; there's a mod available to make the game play more like Richard Burns Rally (widely considered the most realistic rally game ever made), so you get the winning combination of the old-school realism plus the modern-day graphics, which is essentially what Project CARS is going to turn out like.

What's even more amazing is when this is finished and released, the console versions will play exactly the PC version (just with worse graphics, and gameplay locked to 30 FPS).

#130 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 20:09

Just tried it. I think i spent the last 2 hours trying to set my wheel up. Now it just refuses to change steering lock. I have full 900 degrees (or 1080 the game reports). I want to limit to at least 360 and logitech profiler refuses to lock it. I think i was fiddling so much that logitech profiler refuses to work now. When i first booted the game i have the lock at 180 and obviously the cars weren't steering correctly.

I'll try again tomorrow, after a reboot. I can't bothered now. Too much rage inside :laugh:

#131 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 20:37

If you need help just say so Lingwo.

Heres a thread that you can give a look @ in order to setup your wheel.

http://forum.wmdport...SETA-tire-model

Pictures of the console version may show up soon.

#132 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,708 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 20:37

Actually, that's Forza Horizon. Forza 4 is a mediocre pseudo-sim. It's the most sim-like racing game on the 360 outside of RACE Pro, but it doesn't hold a candle to GT5, and both of those easily get trounced by pretty much every sim on the PC.

Agree with your other points though; Forza does have the strong community behind it, but obviously on consoles, they're limited to creating decals and tuning setups. And that's the joy of the PC world: the players will set out to improve the games in any way possible. Colin McRae DiRT is a good example; there's a mod available to make the game play more like Richard Burns Rally (widely considered the most realistic rally game ever made), so you get the winning combination of the old-school realism plus the modern-day graphics, which is essentially what Project CARS is going to turn out like.

What's even more amazing is when this is finished and released, the console versions will play exactly the PC version (just with worse graphics, and gameplay locked to 30 FPS).

You're probably the only person in the world who considers GT5 a better sim than Forza 4, most serious sim fans considers Forza 3 better than GT5, but anyway.

I don't really think modability is a plus for many game types, racing sims among them since I have yet to see a good mod for them. While some claim to increase realism, I consider the people with pro tool analyzing equipment and the assistance of pro drivers far better than the judgement of a basement modded who at best may have tried a tired and not race timid Ferrari at a track day.

Also, 30 fps on consoles, I have doubts this will be much more realistic in driving than F4 and even if it is, the difference is going to be so small it won't matter, and so small that the fact that F4 runs at 60 is going to be more I portent to the serious sim fan. If they're going to compete as a serious sim race on consoles, they ned to tune graphics to run at 60.

I don't understand the decision to close registrations though, but oh well I have other games to play with anyway.

#133 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,436 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 21:38

You're probably the only person in the world who considers GT5 a better sim than Forza 4, most serious sim fans considers Forza 3 better than GT5

...now that's news to me. I have never heard anyone state Forza 3 or 4 to be more realistic than GT5. I've seen a lot of people say Forza 4 is better-looking and more detailed; it's definitely more detailed, but the graphics are subjective, due to the filters used. As for the gameplay, it's a no-brainer. GT5's cars behave more like their real-life counterparts, and there's much less room for error compared to Forza 3/4 (like in real life). A couple of sources to back that up: http://www.caranddri...sport-3-feature - http://www.gtplanet....ad.php?t=122236

Yes, the limiting of Project CARS to 30 FPS on console isn't good (I've constantly posted in the past about the need for racing games to be 60 FPS); I can only assume that the physics engine and everything else controlling the gameplay requires more power than a typical console racer would. But then again, SMS aren't exactly rolling in money making this game; they've got €4,000,000 to spend on the game itself. EA probably spend that much just on advertising each annual Need for Speed game.

The saving grace will be the gameplay and physics. If it truly is the same as the PC version, then that alone should be enough to ensure the game will be successful. If the next-gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony come along fairly soon (within the next 12 months), then SMS say they may also work on versions for those consoles as well.

#134 OP LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 21:57

The only reason the game is not running at 60 fps in consoles its because they are not capable to handle it. They explained it at the forums many times, just as an example they said that theres no current gen console (including the Wii U) that can handle their 600hz tickrate. Now imagine having a poor console doing all of this while delivering top notch graphics ^^.
If the Xbox 720/Infinity or the PS4 were out, that would be a different story but the longevity they speak so much about is now bitting them in the ass.

About the funding they had a objective of 3.75M euros, they are currently at 700€ away from completing it, in order to avoid going over budget they closed it down and currently allow only the existing members to upgrade.
I warned a few posts back about this so cant say that it was unexpected :p

#135 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,708 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 21:59

Hmm so your sources are gt fan sites, whereas independent sites no race drivers all agree that Forza beats the crap out of GT5, which is ok. The GT series was never a sim racer, it was always in the more arcade scale of sim, but not an arcade racer. They have started to turn more sim after Forza gave them competition, unfortunately, GT was a Bette game before they tried to become more sim.