Need some help with Front Panel headphones + 5.1 Surround in Rear

Hi there everyone! I got my new build up and running but I have one minor issue. I have a 5.1 speaker setup in the rear jacks which would be my Logitech X-540 speakers with Green, Yellow, and Black. I do have however on my Cooler Master Storm Scout the front panel HD Audio connectors set up as well and hooked onto my board's AAFP port which is universal for AC97 and HD. Formalities aside, in UEFI it is set for HD audio and it is recognized by the Realtek Audio Manager and it asks what was connected the first time when I tried my Skullcandy 50/50s and in this screenshot Skullcandy Heavy Medals.

My issue comes here is that the 5.1 plays from all the channels normally no problem here. The problem is that the output from the headphones sounds really empty as if all the channels are silenced down and bass is lacking. I noticed that when I press the remote's buttons on the 50/50 it sounds normal but again thats just not right to have to hold it to hear it normally. That never really worked for me and while I could hook up my headphones to the Logitech remote that comes with my speakers, it sounds normal but again it sounds bad in itself. The headphones work fine in my laptop in my signature as well, none of the emptiness but pure eargasm!

I'm using the new Windows 8 x64 R2.70 driver as an added note. Any ideas guys?

Side issue if possible: Can I use the in-line remote on the PC? I saw someone get away with that on a MacBook Air at LACC and I'm pretty sure any modern motherboard audio is either Realtek or IDT. What would I need?

post-240662-0-66847100-1347053732_thumb.