getting content to play on Apple TV?

Hi, I've some videos I made in the .MOV format on my HDD. I recently bought an Apple TV hoping to use Mt Lion's mirror air play feature, but apparently my Core i7 quad core processor w/ HT technology is of lower quality than the dual core A5 chip in my phone and doesn't support this feature.

I imported the .MOV file into iTunes and synced my iTunes account w/ the Apple TV, but the file doesn't show up in the movies section. Any ideas?

Hi, I've some videos I made in the .MOV format on my HDD. I recently bought an Apple TV hoping to use Mt Lion's mirror air play feature, but apparently my Core i7 quad core processor w/ HT technology is of lower quality than the dual core A5 chip in my phone and doesn't support this feature.

I imported the .MOV file into iTunes and synced my iTunes account w/ the Apple TV, but the file doesn't show up in the movies section. Any ideas?

You will need an Mac with ML installed to enable Airplay (please correct me if I am wrong)

Yes, duh... check my signature. We're also in the Mac forum... I also say I was "hoping to use Mt Lion's mirror air play feature." Only iMacs from mid-2011 or newer will support Airplay. Mine is from late 2009.

So you have both the iTunes on the computer and the AppleTV both using the same Home Sharing username and password.

When in iTunes on your computer under Movies you see the movie listed there. Do you have other movies there in your iTunes? Do they show up on the AppleTV?

How did you make the videos? What resolution, encoding (h.264, mpeg-4), frames per second etc etc??

Have you tried converting the videos to a different format like .m4v or .mp4