darkoutlookwp8.png

Outlook for Windows Phone has been given a second look for those who enjoy using the dark theme. AnandTech took the recently announced Lumia 920 for a spin and in their hands-on video footage, one can clearly see Outlook sporting a different look ? it?s certainly easy to overlook if you?re not the most observant soul.

While we can see the email listing rendered in a dark theme as opposed to the usual light (possibly reflecting the selected OS theme or it could well be an app-specific setting), it looks as though email creation and possibly reading will still be done on a light theme. We're unable to shed any light (pun not intended) on this so email reading could well follow suit and take on dark themes too.

Update: We have confirmation that this feature is indeed in the final release. More over, it's an optional setting within the app.

http://www.wpcentral.com/dark-themed-outlook-windows-phone-8-spotted-wild

I thought switching to black on white in Outlook was an incredibly intelligent design decision Microsoft made. It really stood out to me when first using my Nokia Lumia 900. Hopefully the option is still there in Windows Phone 8.